Limp Bizkit
Significant Other

by USER (41 Reviews)
June 12th, 2005 | 22 replies

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Limp Bizkit has always been one of my favorite bands. That was until they released Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water. That was when I hated them after that. Then the horiffic, Results May Vary. That was by far the worst album I've ever listened to. EVER. Me and my friends and even my dad make fun of Fred Durst by calling him Fred Dilst, and talking like we're black and what-not. Now before I go on thrashing Limp Bizkit as I have for the last 5 min. Lets enjoy them as they were before the year 2000. Before they got cocky and ***ty. Let's go back, when Nookie was #1 on the Billboard 200. Back when TRL showed the Re-Arranged video. Slowly, deeper, deeper, back to 1999ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

In 1999 Limp Bizkit wasÖ
Fred Durst Ė Vocals
Wes Borland Ė Lead Guitar
Sam Rivers - Bass
John Otto Ė Percussion
DJ Lethal Ė Mixing, pretty much all of the DJ stuff.
(forgive me if I left anyone out on account of it is now currently 2005)

Song Reviews

Intro - Really just a mix of noises, not really a song so Iím not going to rate this one. Itís only about 30 sec. long so I donít know what to say other than itís the first song on the album and it redies you for the next track.
-----
Just Like This - This is the 2nd song on the album and itís really different from all of the other tracks. Why is it different? It is mainly rap. This is the rappiest song on the whole album. The only song on the album without heavy guitar. But the lyrics are all traditional. Women, naked women are the focus of this song. But the song is still pretty good. Itís catchy and all but it doesnít have that classic feel they give with all the other tracks. 7/10
-----
Nookie - This was the first hit single off of the album. Way back when Fred sported the backwards red Yankee cap. It was a cool song and it still is. Itís about Fred getting dumped and in return saying that the relationship was only for sex. What a horny bastard. This song also has a cool bassline going for it. It is one of the best songs here. 9/10
-----
Break Stuff - This is an extremely heavy song with the most F-Bombs in it. Also just so I can establish this now, Fred drops the greatest F-Bomb Iíve ever heard, and believe it or not, in my opinion, Fred is my favorite screamer. Heís really good and it shows here. The whole song leads up to this ď Iíll BREAK YOUR ***ING FACE TONIGHT"! Itís great, this is one of my favorite songs on the album 10/10
-----
Re-Arranged - The slow song came just in time here. This was also one of the singles on the album, the video is about going to jail, but the lyrics donít really give that vibe. This song also leads up to an outbreak. But this time itís not as big. I like this song, itís good for what it is and this is pretty much, Limp Bizkit trying something new. 8/10
-----
Iím Broke - This track is really an anthem to those who lend money but never get it back. A pretty stupid premise but itís a really catchy song. The lyrics stand out even through te ignorant subject matter. The chorus is sadly just a whiny romp of echoey singing like ďmeeeee iiiiiiím broooookkkeee". But the verses are my favorite part. I love them enough to give this song a high rating. 9/10
-----
Nobody Like You - I never really liked this song, itís really slow. It also has a cameo from the lead singer of KoRn. Whatís his name again ?!?!?! Anyway I thought this was the weakest point in the album. I really hate this song. I never listen to it. I find it really annoying. Did I mention that I hate this song. I really do. You canít even hear what Fred or the KoRn guy is saying because itís all a slow mumble. Wheww, this is the true definition of crap. 2/10
-----
Donít Go Off Wandering - This is a pretty cool song with a creepy intro. The noises in the beginning really donít set the pace which is bad but it can be good, It sets you up for one thing but unleashes another. The singing is really cool also, Fred always sounds like heís on the verge of a scream during the verses and goes crazy on the chorus. This is great song, which goes into my personal favorite on the album.8/10
-----
9 Teen 90 Nine - Wow is all I can say afrter listening to this song. Itís amazing. The verses are really catchy and the chorus is just amazing. Itís also really melodic, which is suprising for Limp Bizkit. Then when you think itís over it slows down and jumps into this outro to the song where itís like ďDONíT STOP, itís nineteen NINETY NINE"! Itís a really cool song, my favorite on the album. Seriously, this is one you CAN put on repeat. 10/10
-----
N 2gether Now - For the rappiest song on the album with the help of Method Man, this isnít half bad. I mean itís all rap but the lyrics are really good. The song is catchy as hell. It is so goddamn catchy that I will still find myself singing the song at any time of the day. ďEverybody in together now, SHUT THE *** UP"! Ha ha. Lyrically itís a great song that will keep you busy for hours to come. 9/10
-----
Trust? - This is a pretty funny song with itís lyrics but the whole thing is really screamo. But itís really cool and energetic in the chorus. The guitar in this track really stands out thanks to Wes Borland. He is seriously one of the best guitarists out there. I really like this song in itís entirety, Itís just one of those you just canít stop listening to. One of the best here. 10/10
-----
No Sex - This is another crap song. Itís also pretty gross. Just thinking of a raunchy Fred Durst is creepy. The entire song is about how Fred canít get any and when he does, the girls want to remain abstinent. This song is a hunk of crap but not as bad compared to Nobody Like You. This is just a bad song with bad subject matter. It is just C-R-A-P 4/10
-----
Show Me What You Got - This is a great song to mosh to. Itís a huge way of thanking the people who have helped the band out in anyway possible. But it also has a few random things like the boy Fred met named Tina, in Pasadena. This is lyrically hysterical and cool. It has slow verses with a thrashy chorus. This is one of my favorite tracks on the album. It really stands out. 9/10
-----
A Lesson Learned - This isnít really a song as it is just noise. As a song it sucks but as just an extra itís pretty cool. Like, if Fred went out and tried to sell this as a song. I would really just call him greedy. But since itís near the end I would consider this an extra. Therefore, Iím not going to rate it.
-----
Outro - Once again, more noise that is just a distorted voice and sounds.
-----
Untitled - A secret track but just another noise romp. That repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again.

Conclusion

In conclusion this is an amazing album and it remains somewhere around number 3 on my favorite albums of all time list. Even thought itís old, it displays some of the bands best talent. Also because itís old you can probably get it for like 7 bucks. Itís really worth it.

OVERALL SCORE 9/10

TV on the Radio Young LiarsHammock Maybe They Will Sing for Us Tomorrow
Russian Circles StationUnwound New Plastic Ideas
Helmet MeantimeStrike Anywhere Dead FM
good
  • luisluisluis64 (4.5)
    Like it or not, this is one of the most important Nu Metal album of the 90's....

rebreh (3)
    Limp Bizkit came into 99 with a focused sound and focused target. Durst raps instead of s...

Bulldog (2.5)
    Weak, watered-down metal/Hot-blooded rap...

Spamue1G (2)
    Limp Bizkit's second best album, next to Three Dolla Bill Y'all. Better than their later r...

• barosjn (4)

June 12th 2005

oh shit all of my html got screwed up

br3ad_man
June 12th 2005

Yeah you need to use [] brackets.

Nice review, I would gve this album a 3/5. I enjoy it.

June 12th 2005

oh i need to use [ instead of

June 12th 2005

i kno i messed up, ill go fix it

mkematter
June 13th 2005

i loved that cd. it is a classic. but i am also a fan of no sex, and nobody like you, in which you gave both pretty sh**y ratings. i know that theyre slow, but the slowness contributes to the depressing subject matter being discussed through the lyrics.

DBL BASS HAMMA
June 13th 2005

I loved that CD, but I disagree with you about CSHFW sucking. I thought that was a great album too. After that when Wes left is when they their downfall.

no i fixed it

masada
June 18th 2005

I used to like Limp Bizkit, when I was around 9.

Priestmetal
June 18th 2005

HAHA me too... but now I think it is aboslute crap. They have the most pathetic lyrics ever and Fred Durst cant sing for shit.

skibum1390
June 19th 2005

Fred is awsome...

...When it comes to destroying clasics (behind blue eyes)

Rudd13
October 3rd 2005

bump.

ocelot-05
October 4th 2005

I don't see what everyone sees in Significant Other. I think it is as bad if not worse than the Chocolate Starfish (Nookie, anyone). They were already cocky and annoying.

I'm Charming
October 4th 2005

I used to like them.... when I was 12. Good review. I can't stand fred durst.

Jacob6293
January 25th 2006

Break Stuff is the only LB song I like.

MyRamona
March 19th 2006

I hate Limp Bizkit but this does have a couple of respectable tunes, such as break Stuff, Nookie, and I always thought no sex was fairly good. other than that, a load of bollocks.

Digging: Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright in the End

Psyclone
May 16th 2006

[quote=Jacob6293]Break Stuff is the only LB song I like.[/quote]
I agree. It's good to pump you up!

Good review. :thumb:This Message Edited On 05.16.06

AngryWhiteGuy
November 13th 2006

Hey, chuckle head! No Sex is about fred being in a relationship where he wants more than just sex. Notice in the bridge where he and Aaron Lewis is singig "realise that i'm worth more than that, REALISE THAT I MEAN MORE THAN THAT!" Damn

ANJ45
June 29th 2013

idonevenwaht

leomphillyfan
August 5th 2013

No Sex's meaning is actually the exact opposite of what you described it as. But anyway, this is a great album. Although, I understand the hate, even if I don't share that view. This and Hybrid Theory are my favorite nu-metal albums, assuming Rage doesn't count.

NapalmCrusader
August 5th 2013

Hybrid toxicity, white pony, toxicity, korn, animosity, subliminal verses, violence, ld 50,get some ans S.C.I.E.N.CE are far, far, far better than the best LB work, even average nu metal albums like the infest, coal chamber and the sickness are more enjoyable than this band. Limp bizkit was the worst band of the whole genre, commanded by a red cap douche which was an awful rapper and who ruined Sanatorium and Behind the blue eyes