Joe Walsh
But Seriously Folks....

by Muddy Hendrix USER (8 Reviews)
June 8th, 2005 | 4 replies

Release Date: 1978 | Tracklist

Some might think the guitarist of the eagles as inconsequential. Let’s just say right now that I don’t include myself in that group. This was Joe Walsh’s first album for Asylum records (a sub-genre, sub-category, subsidiary, etc.). It was his third studio solo album. Bill Szymczyk produced it. Also it is sadly not available on itunes.
The standout song is “Life’s been good" Mr. Walsh’s eight minute long recollection of his life (and a satire of rock stardom), with that unforgettable guitar riff. I’m just here to say the rest of the songs aren’t just “fillers" whose main purpose is to occupy space. He’s just another guitarist expressing himself. The album features Joe Vitale on drums (long time collaborator). The seventh song “Theme From Boat Weirdos" is a well-done instrumental (His next weirdos instrumental was on You Bought You Name It). The sixth song is “Inner Tube" another skillfully done instrumental song.
Song number four “At the station" is a fast paced, upbeat song about coming to a crossroads in life. This album’s purpose is to display Joe Walsh’s diverse musical influences. This is more than just Southern Cali rock. Frankly it’s just first-class music. If you liked The Eagles’ Hotel California you’ll love this. I gave it four , because it wasn’t perfect (nothing is though) and at times it became slow and listening to it to became meticulous.

Coldplay Brothers & SistersWings Band on the Run
Bob Dylan Another Side of Bob DylanRobert Johnson King of the Delta Blues Singers Vol. 2
Blind Boys of Alabama Atom BombBuddy Miles The best of Buddy Miles
4.3

Rocksta71
June 7th 2006

I love Joe Walsh, I don't know much about His solo work but the stuff he does with Eagles is great.
Nice Review, a little short.

AeroZeppelin1
July 13th 2006

review is short and needs to be cleaned up and add some more detial otherwise pretty good, at the station and lifes been good are great tracks

KJAnsia
January 19th 2010

Love the Walsh.

666Micrograms
April 8th 2013

id hope this trumps There Goes The Nieghborhood. That one was aight but made to many pokes at mainstream appeal to have a lasting personality.