!!!

by Changma USER (1 Reviews)
May 13th, 2005 | 8 replies | 2,305 views

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

When I first heard "Feel Good Hit of the Fall" in my mom's mini-van (rest in peace), my whole body jerked and I hit my head on the ceiling. I had to pull over for a moment to regain composure. Oh the seizure goodness!

!!!'s (chk chk chk) vocalist Nic Offer apathetic yet intense chants sound like Robert Smith with a nasal infection, and a case of O'berst quiver. The album is full of crazy solos: bongos, cowbell, maracas, horns.

"Storm the Legion" sounds off as an army of evil locust approach a grain field. The low frequency buzzing gets closer and closer until they're here and it's massive chaos!!! The poor farmer's family has no other option but to dance at the will of evil locust.

"There's No F**king Rules, Dude" totally makes you want to do the robot as you are carving the Thanksgiving turkey. Nic Offer and his backup vocalists are telling you to dance like nobodies watching. Break tha law! Fudge the PO-LICE!

"Intensify" comes off as a typical Cake song, but as soon as Nic starts his breathy "seh seh seh" build up, the hi-hat madness breaks loose. In unison, all people of the world sing "do the intensify!" while clapping of hands. The glory- hallelujah! It's the dance cult police of the world imposing it's will on all us pig grease chuggers!

Overall there aren't many other albums that will cause you to jive like !!!'s self-titled.

Pros:
-excellent to dance to
-badass

Cons:
-many dragging moments (no freak out = boring)

Iai
May 13th 2005

This was pretty good for a shorter review. Nicely done.

mx

This is decent, but not 4.5 stars in my opinion

Happymeal
May 13th 2005

The songs here are actually more dance-worthy than those in Louden Up Now, but are quite repetitive. This is a fun, fun album. A bit mindless, but fun.

biografiend
May 13th 2005

!!! are ace. I have/reviewed Louden Up Now back in the day ( I need to repost it here soon), and it is one of my favourite dance albums. I havent yet downloaded this one, but its on my list.

liveevil
June 30th 2005

excellent review. this album far outdoes louden up now, imo. it is worthy of praise from a b00ndoggle bretheren. for people interested in checking them up, see if you can come across "intensify". excellent song; excellent album in general. word.

oltnabrick

first comment itt in almost 8 years. WOW

Digging: Stellar OM Source - Ocean Woman

Spec

Never heard this.

mindleviticus
March 21st 2013

listened to stranger weather isn't it? really dancey