Sodom
Persecution Mania

by metal-militia USER (1 Reviews)
January 23rd, 2005 | 9 replies

Release Date: 1987 | Tracklist

This was Sodom's second album and in my opinion is the best. The production is better than in "Obsessed by Cruelty" and the EP "In the Sign of Evil" and sounds a little more coherent. On this album Sodom ditched a lot of thier black metal influence and transformed into pure thrash.

Best bits:
Nuclear Winter - First track on the album and my favourite Sodom song. A crushing thrash song with loads of riffs
Iron Fist - Good Motorhead cover, especially with the harsh sounding German accent of Tom Angelripper.
Persecution Mania - Not as fast as some others on the album but still a great song with a pretty good solo.
Outbreak of Evil - This was actually on the first EP but has been re done and is much much better for it. It also gets rid of the pointless intro wierd noises from the original.
Sodomy and Lust - Taken from Expurse of Sodomy EP and is an absolute classic song. Catchy chrous and a brilliant solo and probably the best drum work on the album as well.

Worst bits:
No songs on here are bad but I'm not a big fan of Enchanted Land as it's pretty slow and not very memorable.

Overall this is an essential thrash album which any fan should own.

4.2
Killahit (4)
Sodom's second attempt is definitely their best. Hands down....

Dethtrasher (5)
This is definitely Sdom's best album and it is also a classic german thrash-metal album....

Nice Review

LordDargon
January 23rd 2005

This is great, and Iron Fist is a great cover. This definitely stomps on Agent Orange. Get it now if you haven't already!

ForiegnPenguin
January 23rd 2005

Nice review. I have yet to buy this album.

RCA
January 25th 2005

Solid review. I'm still debating whether this or Agent Orange is Sodom's finest. Oh well, they both slay.

February 27th 2006

Agent Orange is better of course.

Kids_For_Christ
March 2nd 2006

ummm is sodom's "nuclear winter" as good as krisiun's? coz if it is then im definately buying this album

March 3rd 2006

It's Sodom's song, so it's way better.

hardcoresucks
May 11th 2006

persecution manias best
good review
nuclear winter is on of the best songs by sodom

hardcoresucks
May 11th 2006

can someone do agent orange review?