Angels and Airwaves
We Don't Need to Whisper

2.0
poor

by Lambda USER (66 Reviews)
December 24th, 2007 | 9 replies | 2,886 views

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Review Summary: An annoying. self-invovled album.

Tom Delonge was been promoting this album with vigor. He said it was the best music in twenty years, that it was going to sell millions upon millions of copies, that it was going to be a rock revolution. And was it? No. This album is fity minutes of self-involvement, crappy effects, and overall, we get an album that could have been great, but is instead just annoying.

The album's opener, 'Valkyrie Missle' has an over two minute long introduction before any music even starts. Tom Delonge originally stated that this album originally would run from 60 to 75 minutes, but it's probably good that it didn't, because then we would ave gotten four minute long introductions instead of two minute long ones.

The keyboard introduction of the next song 'Distraction' is even worse. It's an annoying-sounding keyboard-type thing, and a drum roll steadily getting louder. Then it erupts into Tom's whiney voice and it the rest of track passes by without anything special happening.

'Do It For Me Now' is uneventful, and then 'The Adventure', the lead single from the album, is probably the best track on the CD, atlough the very long intros and outros are somewhat escessive.

There are two other notable songs on the CD: 'the War' and 'Start The Machine'. 'The War' is the most rock-ish song on the album, although not that good it still serves it's purpose. 'Start The Machine' is simialr, but has more of an ending song vibe to it.

Overall, this album is full of too long introductions, and lost possibilites. This band could have been great, but instead they resorted to doing virtually the same thing ten times in a row and it sounds annoying and self-involved. What a waste of twelve bucks.

fresh beatZ The MisunderstoodAvenged Sevenfold Hail to the King
Buckethead Buckethead Pikes #13Buckethead In Search Of The - Volume 10: 'F'
Buckethead In Search Of The - Volume 9: 'O'Behold... The Arctopus Horrorscension
good

Lambda
December 24th 2007

Also, I know that this review is short, but I think it serves its purpose.

Jerrydavidson

you have a few typos

rasputin
December 24th 2007

It's good you can see it's short, but you need a lot more detail. You've sort of done a track by track but not really. If you're going to do a track by track, you need to do all the tracks, not just a small handful. If you think it's too repetitive of an album to do a track by track, then write it differently. The reason it's short is because it's lacking in quality. However, I probably have a similar opinion to you, I hate Delonge.

AmericnZero02
December 24th 2007

The length and typos definitely hurt this review. Also it's nothing I haven't already read about this album in other review. This might have been better off as a soundoff.

Digging: Architects - Lost Forever // Lost Together

chickenfish
December 24th 2007

This review was annoying and repetitive.

thunderzstruck
December 25th 2007

to be honest, i dont think this review was really needed

DekWannaBFlea

Blurb?

SCREAM!
December 25th 2007

For a sound-off this would be good but for a review its very lacking in detail.

Lambda
December 26th 2007

This was my first attempt an overall review, so sorry if you didn't like it.