Commit Suicide
Synthetics

by Kakaroti USER (2 Reviews)
December 4th, 2007 | 9 replies | 1,983 views

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Review Summary: One of the most enticing, psychedelic and progressive death metal albums in a very long time!

“Synthetics” is the second album release of the popular death metal act “Commit Suicide” and it is easily appreciated why this band has had such great impact on the death metal musical scene, while only having released two albums. In short words! BRUTAL! That’s why! Every time this band decides to jam, they do it in a way that is alien like to other bands of the same genre.

Their first album “Human Larvae [Earthly Cleansing]” was a fact of sheer brutality and crafty songwriting that put Commit Suicide in a league of their own. Ever since their first release I knew that this band would kick ass from the first track I ever heard, and guess what? They didn’t disappoint me the slightest! Because their second release “Synthetics” is by far their most precious release to date! Combining everything from irregular scale patterns throwing in unexpected left turns and long-winded guitar passages that seamlessly interlace with drum patterns so erratic they'll make your wristwatch do back flips! You guessed it right, the band is pretty technical, but what they do is something so original and mind-blowing it is light years away from other so called “technical” acts that only use their speed to compensate for their lack of creativity, lets just say NILE, I’m sure the most of you will understand?

Commit Suicide mixes perfectly balanced musicianship and pairs it with a psychotic drive to create songs that are so far out, you would think they were from another planet! Everything is chaotic, but still highly coordinated and controlled, nothing is left to chance, and it evens out both flow and smart song structure. For a head banger as my self, this is truly a masterpiece, it is so catchy and contagious you won’t be able to stop banging until you faint. The vocals are brutal, and one of the best death metal vocals I have ever heard, ranging fra low guttural to high and mid pitched grunts and screams, If you think Nile’s vocals are brutal then go check this out, it will literally blow your brains out! The lyrics are very graphical and psychological, which shows how vast the potential of this band really is.

Enough talk, go and get this album! If you haven’t heard “Synthetics” you pretty much missed on a lot of mind devouring brutality and technical finesse.

P.S Don’t mind the Nile bashing, it's just that everybody talks about Nile, and very few appreciates true quality.

Shred on!

south_of_heaven 11
December 4th 2007

One big paragraph is hurting my eyes...
Sweet...uh...band name...what

Tyler
December 4th 2007

This album is so boring.

SynGates

1 paragraph?
I'm definitely not checking this out.

December 5th 2007

So what if its one paragraph!? I cut through all the bullshit and explained why this album is so awesome!

If you want to check it out our not, is your problem, but at least show some fucking dignity, Jesus fucking Christ one paragraph? Other reviewers tend to write a whole essay and end up writing a half assed review. Sometimes less is more…

For those of you who want to check this out, go to www.willowtip.com here you can download some songs free of charge, I definitely would recommend to check out Synthetics!

Willie
December 5th 2007

The fact that it is one paragraph is only the beginning of this review's troubles... did you happen to proof read this at all or did you just crank it out and and hit "submit"?This Message Edited On 12.05.07

Digging: Teramaze - Esoteric Symbolism

JumpTheF**kUp
December 5th 2007

This band may get sued for its name.

December 5th 2007

There might be some words missing, but I bet people can read and understand the entire picture.

I don't think they will get sued for the name? Come to think about it, the name is pretty awesome! :D

December 5th 2007

Alright now I've fixed some minor issues, I hope you guys are happy now...

ConsideredDead
June 29th 2010

I prefer their debut over this one, but I can't deny that this album is one heavy, interesting piece of deathgrind.

Commit Suicide is one of my favorite deathgrind acts ever. Both this and their debut still recieve extensive play in my CD player and on my iPod.

It's too bad that they've been on hiatus since 2005.