Kreator
Live Kreation

by SylentEcho USER (21 Reviews)
September 13th, 2007 | 16 replies

Release Date: 2003 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Kreator, the long running, well known extreme thrash band from Germany, finally released a live CD, and, they did an excellent job.

While Kreator have recorded live material in the past, this double-cd is their first true live album, and is a treat for fans both old and new. Recorded at various venues around the world on their recent Violent Revolution tour, Mille and the band present 24 tracks of Kreator classics spanning their entire 20-year career. Whether you like the early stuff or the later stuff, its all represented here, and while their studio albums presented a wide array of sounds and styles, in a live setting the songs all come together cohesively.
The German thrashers are at their best playing their new material, and its these songs ("Violent Revolution," "Reconquering the Throne," "All of the Same Blood," "Second Awakening," and "Servant in Heaven, King in Hell") that sound the best. They make sure to play at least one track from each album, and sometimes combine two songs in a medley. With so many great tunes from over 10 albums and EPs to choose from, however, it's understandable that a few favorites did not make it on the album. Fans of Renewal, Cause For Conflict, Outcast, and Endorama may be disappointed, but fans of the early albums (Endless Pain through Coma of Souls) will enjoy the trip down memory lane.

The band stays tight as a unit throughout the various sets, not an easy feat given the speed of the songs (think "Pleasure to Kill," "Tormentor," and "Betrayer"). Although you may cringe ever so slightly when Mille announces the name of every track prior to playing it, there are relatively few disappointments on this album ("Black Sunshine" from Outcast being the lowpoint). For the most part the solos stay true to the studio recordings (except for "Under the Guillotine" where they miss a section)

Here are ratings Ive given the songs:
The Patriarch: 8/10
Awakening of the Gods: 9/10
Golden Age: 8/10
Flag of Hate: 9/10
Tormentor: 10/10

As for me, I have loved Kreator ever since I first heard them, and I still do. The reason for this, besides their indisputable musical qualities, is that they have remained true to their vision throughout all those years. Today they are the only viable remaining alternative to Slayer for that vital daily fix of high-octane thrash metal. If you don't have this album, you are less than an entire human.

The Beatles The Beatles: Stereo USBDethklok Dethalbum II
Megadeth EndgameThe Offspring Splinter
Cirith Ungol King of the DeadNapalm Death Death by Manipulation

September 13th 2007

I dont have this album, i think im gonna downlaod this

Dethtrasher
September 13th 2007

I don't know if I can give you a vote on this one. I think that you should skip the track ratings and add a bit more info about the ups and downs.

Black Sunshine" from Outcast being the lowpoint

I would like to know why this was a lowpoint for example. But I still think you've done a good job, this album seems to have lots of my favourite Kreator songs.

Confessed2005
September 13th 2007

I could of had the chance to see Kreator. I can't remember why I opted out now - I think it was to get a good place for Converge or something.

CoRpSeSlAyEr
September 13th 2007

I'd rather see Kreator over Converge any day.

September 13th 2007

[quote=deththrasher]I would like to know why this was a lowpoint for example.[/quote]I dont like his vocals on that particular song...I skip it most of the time. Btw...I typed "Black Sunshine" by mistake...its "Black Sunrise" :D

and yeah, you really really should have gone for the Kreator show over Converge, my friend has seen Kreator live twice and Mille had signed his cap for him too. He still has that cap. :D

Unreal
September 13th 2007

what Deth said, you need to beef up your review

September 13th 2007

Oh man this looks so awesome! I need to get a copy of this.

September 14th 2007

[quote=warpath_88]Oh man this looks so awesome! I need to get a copy of this.[/quote]yeah, youll hear this for a week without stopping :D and the DVD is even better.

Are they good live???

[quote=FR33LORD]Are they good live???[/quote]
totally mental! Sometimes you like the live versions even better than the original. :D

September 14th 2007

yeah, youll hear this for a week without stopping and the DVD is even better.

NIIIICCCEEEE..... I want it even more now!

September 14th 2007

go to YouTube and search for videos from the "Live Kreation, revisioned glory" DVD. Theyre from this album. Amazing performances.

Alright I will man thanks :thumb:

fazrul666
February 24th 2008

this cd is limited copies right? i have mine, with "limited 5,000 copies worldwide" sticker...

February 24th 2008

Recently i bought a Kreator DVD, they are excellent live.

November 13th 2008

@fazrul666 nah, this cd is still sold on the net. Don't know about music stores.

@ Fr33LORD, yes they are. One of the best live bands Ive seen.