Evergreen Terrace
Wolfbiker

by Greg Majewski USER (30 Reviews)
August 17th, 2007 | 32 replies | 14,417 views

Release Date: 2007 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Floridian (not in the death metal sense) Simpsons fanboys serve up a hunk of juicy hardcore that even the most casual fan of the genre can sink his/her teeth into.

How does a band live up to a name like Evergreen Terrace? Better yet, forget the Simpsons reference: how does a band make music that lives up to an album titled Wolfbiker? The band name and album title may conjure thoughts of yet another kitsch, tongue in cheek grind band or a beer swigging nü metal band with a “bad boy attitude,” respectively; and while these two preconceptions are certainly warranted, they are 100% wrong. The Jacksonville, FL quintet lay down rollicking, thrashing hardcore that, much like the show they reference, offers nothing more than a good time.

And most songs make good on that offer, as they usually come standard with at least one indelible hook and a few pit-friendly breakdowns to please any ninja fighter or penny picker who may be listening. But Evergreen Terrace know when to switch things up just ever so slightly, as shown on the sing-along chorus of album highlight “Chaney Can´t Quite Riff like Helmet’s Page Hamilton” and the powerful chanting (read: gang vocals) and chugga-chugga rhythm of “To the First Baptist Church of Jacksonville.” Heck, “Rolling Thunder Mental Illness” even has a quick “Oi! Oi! Oi!” thrown in for all the aging punks vying for the glory days of CBGB.

Before any more of these song titles eat up my word limit, there is something to be said for Evergreen Terrace’s conciseness. Though it may be the only major thing that sets them apart from the rest of the modern hardcore pack (had to use at least one wolf pun), the guys’ decision to trim the fat and go for flowing – and, therefore, memorable – songs results in what could be the genre’s strongest statement of the year.

These Arms Are Snakes Tail Swallower and DoveScar Symmetry Holographic Universe
Opeth WatershedMeshuggah obZen
Arsis We Are the NightmareBrain Drill Apocalyptic Feasting
EagleBlade (3.5)
A great hardcore band overall and is definately on the rise, growing in lyrical depthness and musica...

Kiran
August 17th 2007

I quite liked the songs on their myspace page. I'll be sure to check the album out. I'm humming the chorus to the title track as I type this, actually.

Good review.

August 17th 2007

Ive always enjoyed listening to these guys. One of the few local bands I can listen too. Sincerity was a good album and what ive heard sounds good as well.

jrowa001
August 17th 2007

i think this album isnt that bad. ive always enjoyed ET

Aficionado
August 17th 2007

I heard one song from these guys and was impressed. The prospect of a song based off of the great Page Hamilton is making me giddy, loving the cover too. Good review.

Xplisit
June 8th 2008

Yet to rate, but I like what I hear here, surprisingly.

beans
August 2nd 2008

i was thinking of reviewing this
although i dont hold it in high regards

August 2nd 2008

Band rules hard. Unfortunately I still haven't got this yet but Chaney Can't quite riff like Helemt's Page Hamilton is great.

beans
August 6th 2008

the album itself is ok, i love the clean vocals but his screams are reaaaally dry and get played out so fast for me

kattunlover69
September 2nd 2008

Chaney Can't Quite Riff Like Helmet's Page Hamilto, is a fun track

January 21st 2009

Band is so fun.

poweroftheweez
January 21st 2009

All I've heard were a couple tracks off of 'Sincerity'. And I didn't like hardcore back then.

Curse.

album kills

February 12th 2009

Starter, and High Tide fuck rules. Band needs more love.

DWittisarockstar
February 12th 2009

They aren't very good. Very derivitive.

botb
February 12th 2009

band is extremely not special in any way tbh

February 12th 2009

Ha ha ha ha. Good one. Evergreen definitely are the cream of the crop of modern metalcore. Fuck other bands, i'll take Evergreen and Bleeding Through over any.

gmcamaro
August 31st 2009

I may be bias cuz I'm from Jacksonville, but I really like these guys. I saw them live and they were amazing.

Apollo
October 21st 2009

is this album worth listening to? I really like Almost Home

Inveigh
October 22nd 2009

This album rocks hard, not really a bad track on it (even if they do blend together after awhile).

SatansLittleHelper
March 28th 2010

When i hear Starter i jus think of the song from Soil (Say You Will)