The Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower

good

by Cesc USER (6 Reviews)
July 12th, 2007 | 7 replies | 3,836 views

Release Date: 2005 | Tracklist

Once catching your breath after firing off the name of the band, the album title and sticking it into your CD playing receptacle, you are faced with two equally bewildering options; The first is to throw yourself around in what can be described as a ‘joyous maniacal fit', and the other is to run screaming out of your house, holding your poor abused and heavily bleeding ears.

‘The Plot' face you with a 23 minute LP of pure, angry-punk, spazzy-hardcore noise, and it hurts. Devoid of melody, harmony or recognisable sound, this is a slab of fuzzy pain meant only for the kids in school who were repeatedly reprimanded in the isolation unit for having ‘learning difficulties and attention span problems'. Read - psychosis and foam-mouthed violent outbursts.

To help reinforce this rather disturbed image, the CD artwork is covered in badly-scribbled Nazi imagery. It's hard to tell whether it's simply an arty political statement, or if they really are a raving bunch of skinheads. I fear the former.

There are a few moments when the screeching subsides to form some rather pleasant interludes, there's a sax player in there somewhere, tracks like ‘Drake the Fake' and ‘SLC Hunks' aren't half bad and the bass player is fantastic.

If you like Refused, you'll probably like this. Good album, but not for everyone I guess. Once you get hit in the face various times with it, you'll want to swear to your ears you'll never listen to this CD again. But you will.

Throwdown VendettaAvenged Sevenfold City of Evil
Bane The NoteChimaira Resurrection
Converge No Heroes

Dissertation, Honey

cbmartinez
July 13th 2007

Always wanted to check out this band. They seemed like Blood Brothers-esque spazz stuff but smarter.

Confessed2005
July 13th 2007

Very strange band name indeed.

SunnyDayRealEstateAM

I love this band

StreetlightRock
July 14th 2007

Man, you write really well, but then you just stopped =(

Digging: Towers - Bel Air Highrise Plantation

CheckersOnMyShoesYo
July 14th 2007

I love....this band....a lot.

Good review, but wayyy short.

patrickbateman
July 23rd 2007

It's kinda hard for them to be Nazis when they are Jewish and half of them are openly homosexual. They used the Nazi imagery as more of a shock factor than anything. Best punk to exist in this decade and one of the best bands I've ever seen live.

AnotherSurf