Slipknot
Slipknot

good

by theclown USER (3 Reviews)
May 24th, 2007 | 23 replies | 3,492 views

Release Date: 1999 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Slipknot's self tittled album.

What was good about this album:
Corey's vocals are great on this cd,and I'm also not into Nu-metal but somehow these guys pull it off.Although this cd isn't as good as mte feed kill repeat it has its fare share of excellent tracks,noteably (sic),eyeless,and spit it out.The drumming on this album is great.This is also a good cd to listen to to releave your stress.The DJ(I think his name is sid?) also does a superb job on slipknot's self tittled album.

What was bad about the album:
The guitar,its just like every other Nu-metal band out there.Some of the lyrics on this album are rather ignorant,noteably sufacing,which during the chorus pretty much says f**k everything.Corey's raps are horrible,since on the rest of the cd he's screaming his voice is very horse,and when he his vocals are just shot.The drumming is great on this cd,but a lot of the time they bury it underneath the guitar,which is nothing special.

Overall this cd was good.Corey just needs to rest his voice before he raps otherwise it sounds horrible.So overall I give this cd a 3/5.

Crysis
May 24th 2007

Too short of a review, not enough detail. There are spelling mistakes, all of this seems very rushed. I'd suggest going into details about why you liked or didn't like a certain track.

Jom
May 24th 2007

This would be a good sound-off, dude... you should stick to those before you start writing full reviews.

Cravinov13
May 24th 2007

Stop writing short reviews!

LifeInABox

Keep workin' on it bro.

May 24th 2007

actually i think his raps are excellent; tons better than the mainstream crap there is nowadays. all the fake thugs doing nothing but show off with their c*nts and their stupid cars.

LifeInABox
May 24th 2007

i think his raps are excellent
Well there are two words that don't belong in the same sentance.

Cravinov13
May 24th 2007

it's "I think his rapping is excellent".

Holy crap, I can rap like Corey Taylor! O_oThis Message Edited On 05.24.07

tectactoe
May 25th 2007

Too short, and lots of errors. This CD is by far Slipknot's best.

DrummerBoy0827
May 25th 2007

Not enough detail. But keep trying, it all comes in time. But for the record this is my favorite SlipKnot album for sure....... Wait And Bleed, such a great song.

Meatplow
May 25th 2007

I am very much over this album... listened to it hundreds of times.

For what it's worth it's very slickly produced and one of the best nu-metal albums there is. I'm just bored with the genre.

Epilogue
May 25th 2007

Not a great review, but I won't neg it since 6 people already have.

O.K. album

theclown

Altmer
May 25th 2007

review sucks, band sucks, haven't got the album, never will

May 25th 2007

"DirtyS4nch3z-I meant his voice is bad,not his actual rhymes,and I agree with you on mainstream rap."

I can see what you mean; he has an ordinary voice and sounds real smart-ass. but the rhymes and pace make up for it.
i have listened to this record now and then since 2002, and still find it entertaining.This Message Edited On 05.25.07

Confessed2005
May 26th 2007

This album is alright.

LoUd3
June 5th 2007

Keep it up bro.. You need to be more detailed, and dont make it look like it's just stressed up.

The album is askicking. I would go as long as to say that this is one of my top 15 favorite metal album ever. Really, really, unique and creativy album

June 5th 2007

i might be one of the few to agree with you on the rating.

'one of my fav records too.

Thor
June 5th 2007

This was THE album to get me into metal. I can't help but give it a 4.5, no matter how immature it may be.

CoRpSeSlAyEr
June 5th 2007

I had this album in my cd player for months when i first got it. It is one of the first albums that got me into metal, but the album that actually got me into metal was Reign in Blood. I havn't listened to this album in it's entirety in probably 2 or 3 years.

KoRn280
June 9th 2007

One of my favourite albums too bad the band has gone all shitty on their new album.