Jay-Z and Linkin Park
Collision Course

2.0
poor

by gunmaster USER (5 Reviews)
February 21st, 2007 | 29 replies | 8,028 views

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Linkin Park sucks, they always will, blah blah blah. I never liked these guys, they aren't creative, they can't play their instruments. They're just a fad that passed when Meteora came out. Of course, there are still people who love their music, but I am certainly not one of those people. Anyway, diehard fans of Linkin Park pretty much like anything with LP's name on it. Hybrid Theory is regarded as great...by the fans. Even Reanimation and Meteora are liked by some. This album, however, isn't even popular with the fans. 24 minutes of LP songs with Jay Z. Oh yeah, and it costs over thirteen dollars. This belongs in the bargain bin at your local used CD store, and in this review, I shall surely tell you why it does.

Dirt Off Your Shoulder/Lying From You is the opener, and it's not a satisfying track. It's your standard Linkin Park song with regular riffs, and mediocre vocals. Jay Z's the best part. You have to respect him. It's a shame he's working with such a dull and lifeless band though. I'd rather see him work with Slipknot than these guys. Jigga What/Faint is the same thing as the previous track. Some technical sounds, guitar, screaming, and some rapping. This album should at least have some big differences from the original songs, and yes, there are differences, but not many big ones. Not many big ones at all. The bassline in Jigga What/Faint is alright, but Phoenix is a pretty lame bass player, so yeah. Ah yes, I forgot to talk about track two. Big Pimpin�/Papercut is different from the original, blah blah blah. The lyrics are very stupid. Yes, the typical emo lyrics that LP almost always have.

Numb/Encore is one of the much better songs on here, and Numb was one of their biggest hits. It's the same as the original, except that we have Jay Z doing his thing. Add K Fed to the mix and this would be perfect. Ha, wasn't that amusing? No. IZZO/In The End is just plain old terrible. I hate it. This whole album has just been Jay Z songs combined with Linkin Park songs, and this was just a bad idea. Points Of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer is the best song on the album, seeing as how these are all half-decent songs. Mixing three half-decent songs together makes a good song, and that's what this is. It's actually a pretty good nu-metal/regular hip-hop effort, this song. Unfortunately, none of the other songs even compare to this.

So what have we learned today, boys and girls? We learned that a cool and hip rapper like Jay Z shouldn't do any kind of side project with a standard nu-metal band like Linkin Park. Now that I think about it, this is better than if Jay Z did this with Slipknot, but overall, Slipknot is a much better band than Linkin Park, even though they do have some lacking songs.

Track Ratings

- Linkin Park
- Jay Z
- IZZO/In The End

2/5

For Linkin Park fans only, but not for fans of...other stuff.

2.7
ImTheOnlyThugInTheBuildin (3.5)
Great fun to listen to...

Pedro B. (3.5)
Decent enough music, but the total playing time is a steal....

vlt5004 (4)

(3)

Kyle
February 21st 2007

I actually really enjoyed this cd.

Altmer
February 21st 2007

Brother has it, sucks balls big time.

February 21st 2007

Basically, this review states how you hate Linkin Park = you hate this CD. Other than the fact that you hate the lyrics and the songs, blah blah blah, you don't describe why you hate the CD, maybe because you don't describe why you hate the songs.

February 21st 2007

This is a very unprofessional review. I understand that this isn't necessarily a "professional" reviewing site, but couldn't you at least try to write in a civilized manner?

Wizard

19329 Comments

Dulcinea:
How can you say this review is unprofessional when the music doesnt even come close to any such thought of actually being well written? Thats from a musicians stand point. An appropriate review for an album of this sorts.

Digging: YOB - Clearing The Path To Ascend

February 22nd 2007

Okay so what you're saying is that he has a right to write an unprofessional review because the music isn't well-written?

Cesar
February 22nd 2007

^^ This is actually a very good point. The review is good imo

February 22nd 2007

It's a user review, it's okay to not be professional in a review. Pretty much the point of this site is for people to give biased, unprofessional reviews on music they love/hate. When you get to staff (to a lesser extent, approved), professionalism should be more of a goal obviously.

February 22nd 2007

Ilu, it's not even that. He just flat our gets onto how bad it is without explaining how bad it is besides the fact that he just hates the band. There's a difference between critiquing the album because it's bad and critiquing the band itself, and how the album is bad because of it.

February 22nd 2007

Oh I'm not commenting on this review in particular. It sucked pretty badly.

February 22nd 2007

Shouldn't professionalism be the goal no matter who you are? I think I'm starting to sound like a broken record with this, so I'll stop. Besides I haven't even been on the site for a week so I'll wait until I actually know what I'm talking about I guess.

February 22nd 2007

@Ilu: Oh, well, then I agree with you on all counts.This Message Edited On 02.22.07

February 22nd 2007

It should be I suppose, but I mean lots of times people just want to vent on bands they hate. They should do it in a civil and intelligent manner, but hey if they want to sound like a prick with no regards to decency or professionalism, why not really?

TheMisterBungle

Well then you win!!!This Message Edited On 02.22.07

February 22nd 2007

Pretty much is "you" spelled correctly throughout the review.
Thats the only way reviews like this can get through, from what I can tell.

Shattered_Future
February 23rd 2007

Never listened to this before. I still love Hybrid Theory though. Mad catchy.

Wish
February 23rd 2007

I still love Hybrid Theory though. Mad catchy.

True.
Numb/Encore is a cool song. Only song I've heard from this album.

JumpTheF**kUp
February 23rd 2007

No, Iluvatar wouldn't write this.

:lol:

TheHamburgerman
July 24th 2007

This review is so incredibly stupid..

ReturnToRock
November 5th 2007

i don't get why people diss this CD. i think it's good.

the lenght/duration - price ratio is a steal, though.