Iron Maiden
Powerslave

by dude64 USER (6 Reviews)
February 3rd, 2007 | 29 replies | 3,766 views

Release Date: 1984 | Tracklist

Iron Maiden's one of the greatest metal...blah blah blah. We know that Maiden are great. There's no need in even explaining something so obvious. They have put out a slew of great albums, and they haven't quit yet.

This album is no exception. The 80's were the best years for Maiden, and some of the best years for metal. I'll just be blunt, I love this album. Get old it does not. Never have I met someone who hates this album. Rate Your Music has some bad reviews, but honestly, who takes that site seriously? I don't.

GUITAR AND BASS Ehh, forget it. I'm gonna stop doing those dumb sections.

Aces High is a superb effort, with the memorable opening riffs, and then the explosion of powerful guitar and bass in your face. The vocals and lyrics are intelligent as usual, and of course, there's a great solo. Don't forget the chorus. The guitars are excellent in this. They make my ears feel like they're getting a nice treat. Yeah, I talked about the vocals and lyrics a little in this section, but so what? Every track has some great and innovative guitar involved. The classic melodic solo of Powerslave gets me every time. Hearing that gives me a strange feeling. A feeling that I get when I listen to this album. I get a feeling that's a combination of excitement and fear. The fear feeling is weird, because I don't know why I get it. My stomach twists and the feeling just goes all through my body. Don't ask me why I get it, because I'm not sure exactly why I get it. I just do. This whole album is like a blessing to the world. A gift from above.

The bass is Steve at his best. Powerslave has some great bass, as well as Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. Oh God, Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. I love it! A 13 minute Maiden track in which the concept was gotten from some old poem. Doesn't get cooler than that. Some of the greatest lyrics in Maiden history.

And Bruce's vocals are nice and clear on this! Not raspy and all, just clear and high and excellent! You hear me? Excellent! 2 Minutes To Midnight is the greatest track on the album because of the vocals, guitar, bass, and drums, and everything else is superb. In fact, 2MTM is my favorite Maiden song.

2 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT IS MY FAVORITE IRON MAIDEN SONG!

I want that to stand out.

Well, I've covered the four classics. But what about the four in the middle? The tracks that get no attention and are considered dismissable by some people?

Why, those are great tracks too! Losfer Words is an excellent instrumental, easily one of Maiden's best. It's nice and catchy, with melody. Flash Of The Blade is a fast and melodic song as well, with some cool lyrics. FOTB and The Duellists are great fencing songs. Make a movie about fencing, and those songs would be great to add in there.

Back In The Village is a nice little song as well. The guitars stand out, as they are superb on this track, but on every other track they are too.

In conclusion: This is one of the greatest albums ever created. So go out and buy it if you haven't heard it! 5/5

Pixies DoolittleDef Leppard Hysteria
Iron Maiden Fear of the DarkMastodon Blood Mountain
Yes Tales from Topographic Oceans

dude64

Fanboyish suckitude.

Bfhurricane
February 3rd 2007

Very fanboyish. The stuff in the bold could easily be taken out. you are really vague in every part of the review. You might want to edit some of this

metallicaman8
February 3rd 2007

Dude, more detail. There's really no excuse for such a skimpy review. For example, you just flat out tell us you're not going to talk about the guitar and bass. Wtf? I can't speak for everyone here, but when I read a review I want to know about the following: overall sound, guitar, bass, vocals, lyrics, filler, production. Now, I'm not saying you should talk about all of those in all of your reviews (heh, that's moreso my format), it's just to give you a general idea of some more things you should talk about. So, yeah this review fails, but I'm sure you'll do better next time.

great reivew

February 3rd 2007

He talked about the guitar and bass. I actually read the review, and noticed that. Needs work, but someday, this guy might be a very good reviewer.

February 3rd 2007

Man, I wonder what "good riffs" and "great bass" sound like. Cause those two words don't do much.

February 3rd 2007

Good riffs sound like "duhduhduhduhduh" and great bass is "doodoodoo". Did that help?

February 3rd 2007

great bass is not doodoodoo ill have you know

great bass is bom-chikka-bom-bom

February 3rd 2007

Great bass is "flippadippaduhduhdoodoo, flippadippaduhduhdoodo, blacketyboomboom, blacketyboomboom,"

Hatshepsut

1997 Comments

lol

Chan, that helped.

Roger, not so much.

It helped me.

February 3rd 2007

burger dots are stupid poop, racist sex

February 3rd 2007

racist sex and burger dots are not stupid poop

wakeupdead
February 3rd 2007

Get rid of that part where you say you wont discuss the guitar and bass

lol

February 3rd 2007

i don't understand what's going on

argh.

February 3rd 2007

hey wakeupdead, wake up! he DISCUSSED the guitar and bass, it's just he didn't break it up into sections like in his last review.