All That Remains
The Fall of Ideals

by AllThatRemains USER (1 Reviews)
December 15th, 2006 | 16 replies

Release Date: 2006 | Tracklist

Review Summary: All That Remains will keep you on youre toes, if you are looking for a band thats keeps you listening till the last scream, and keep you from wanting too start a sirkel pit with mom and dad, you are deffinitely in the right stream!

I heard the first single of The Fall Of Ideals that was called This calling, i loved that song so much I had too bought the cd right there. All That Remains is a band who push all their talent out on the records they sell, and they just seem too still be improving. They stand out on this album for contaning several complex solos that stick in youre brain, and improved singing with some death vocals in “The Weak Willed”. Something too also not let out, is the hard and touchy double-bass that ripples youre heart.

The album opens with a loud “sharp” scream from Phil in this calling, that’s where you can already clearly hear that there is some improvement in his vocal. It also begins with a touchy rumble of double-bass. This songs only problem is that the chorus is repeated too much.

From there on tracks like Not Alone, It Dwells In Me, We Stand, all consists of its own unique breakdowns, gitar solos too leave youre mouth open, and chorisus that contains a acceptable amount of clean vocals.

On Whispers(I Hear Your), it begins with a slow clean touchy riff, this is where you might think they will have a song with clean vocals throughout (for it is seen in many “metalcore” bands), but then Phill comes out of his pitt and scream in a unique “rushing” style:
“It may seem at last days passing mean nothing”
The vocals from there on contain good death vocals in the background of some good screaming, and also slowing down in vary talented melodic riffs, and has a good clean vocal chorus.

Track 6 (The Weak Willed) is a track that starts of with a rushing gitar riff that you will never hear somewhere else, at that point you just want too find youre worst enemy and slit his throat. This riffs is noticeable throughout the song, and consist out of a lot pure death vocals. This is a track that stunned me, yet leaving me too put on the repeate button. I think this is where most metalcore fans will turn down the volume, and skip the track.

The rushing vocals, touchy gitar riffs and double-bass are all mastered troughout :Six, Become The Catalyst, The Air That I Breath, Emty Inside. If you are going too buy this cd, I’ll say be ready for melodic, brutal riffs, and be able too take a few from Phil’s deaths vocals lighting up youre heart.

The last track (Indiciment) will let you probably start turning the volume a little softer, for me this track are left out last, but when you come too 2:00 in the song you hear voices that are vary unique for All That Remains.

Overall, this is a album that you will always turn back too, and the fact that the vocals are so improved, and that every song has its own unique gitar riff make this a album that wont bore you off. The breakdowns is vary unsuspected, causing this album too be vary exiting and talented, and having supurb lyrics that also makes this album not cheesy for one second all that remains will hail forever.

• Nick Habisch (5)
    A perfect blend of intensity and melody in one album of Metalcore perfection...

Pedro B. (4)
    Guaranteed best choruses in the business....

TheSunSleeps348 (4.5)

Drunken Viking (3.5)
    A huge step up from This Darkened Heart; The Fall Of Deals while being rather repetitive a...

• Dominic (4.5)

itachi1452 (4)
    An excellent effort which unites many new elements to All That Remains' music....

Metalhead9696 (4)
    The fall of ideals was an important album for all that remains and metal core as a genre i...

sharkd93 (4)
    A Superb Listen From Beginning to End. Unfortunately There's a Lacking of Bass....

• Matthew "Axl" Peck (4)
    Though it takes a turn towards "popular" generic modern metalcore, The Fall of Ideals demo...

Danie (4)
    It'll have you banging your head and shouting along profusely....

Originally posted by Summary
(...)start a sirkel pit with mom and dad

I think you meant circle pit here.This Message Edited On 12.15.06

December 15th 2006

The grammar and spelling are really off in this review, you should really run it through MS Word. It makes it really hard to read. And it doesn't really make sense. I can't vote for this, but i won't vote against it. At least not yet...This Message Edited On 12.15.06

December 15th 2006

Metalcore is one of my least favourite subgenres so I don't expect to get much out of this.

December 16th 2006

I must agree with the reviewer, this album was a good size better than thier last one. Maybe more detail, and spell check, but I understanded most of it.

December 17th 2006

great album, my personal faves are Air that I breathe, Not Alone, Six and Whispers. The breakdowns and transitions between screamed and clean vocals are my favourite parts too.

December 17th 2006

Sory about all the mistakes, im only 16 and thought, well let me give it a try, because this album realy stuck too my heart, Hail, all that remains.

December 17th 2006

For all of you that understanded me, and feel so good about this album as me!, tnx alot.!

December 17th 2006

"Metalcore is one of my least favourite subgenres so I don't expect to get much out of this"

so you posted because...?

its probably my least favorite genre too, but when a band is good they're good...and All that Remains is good

This band constantly gets overlooked just because they're "metalcore"

December 19th 2006

Yea they do, and I agree with you, All That Remains bring somthing differint too metalcore!

January 10th 2007

This review reads like a really bad Japanese translation.

March 17th 2007

Being 16 doesn't give you permission to make so many spelling and grammatical mistakes. I didn't do so many mistakes when I was 16, and that considering I'm Spanish.

Apart from that, the album is amazing, though the review is obviously biased, seeing that the reviewer's nick is the name of the band he's reviewing...

March 17th 2007

Six's interlude makes me cry because its beautiful.

Who cares? Metal is Metal.

April 12th 2007

I think it's a great album, I don't care what people say.

June 30th 2007

ATR are far too versatile to be just metalcore anymore. They even border on melodeath and extreme metal now.

June 30th 2007

Man, I can't get into this band. It's so hard to listen to because the songs are genuinely predictable because they all have the same exact structure. There's some awesome lead work in this album, so that's a big plus, but the overall songwriting is pure bleh to me.

November 29th 2009

The spelling and grammar in this is so bad. Add the name in and its the perfect fanboy/troll.

Site Copyright 2005-2014