Millencolin
Home From Home

by Callum Thomson USER (6 Reviews)
November 26th, 2006 | 4 replies | 2,029 views

Release Date: 2002 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Home From Home shows great talent and variety among the band and the tracks are very descent!

Millencolin have been on the punk scene for a little while now and "Home From Home" is certainly one of their best, And in the list of my favourite Punk albums full stop.

Man Or Mouse - The track starts the album off nicely and bursts into a great verse. The lyrics and music backing them are good and the chorus flares out nicely, not the best track on the album but still great 3/5

Fingers Crossed - Starts off with a great catchy rhythm and slams into a nice verse rhythm too. The chorus is very catchy and will get stuck in your head very nicely. 4/5

Black Eye - Has great lyrics and shows great strength throughout the verses and chorus. The song is mainly based on the speed and moshability and it succeeds. 4/5

Montego - Starts slightly slow then builds up and drops into a brilliant verse and chorus. Also a catchy track with absolutely brilliant lyrics such as "I know I get what I give
Since I don't feel too good guess I don't give much" 4/5

Punk Rock Rebel - A typical punk song about the one that Millencolin look up to and received inspiration from. The track is not the best on the album but listen able 2.8/5

Kemp - Starts very futuristically with the guitars. If you listen closely it sounds like Montego on the intro. The lyrics are very good and the music is great too 4/5

Botanic Mistress - An absolute classic, It is about how love is like plants and how to be a girls water. The chorus is fast and catchy. The music is absolutely awesome 4/5

Happiness For Dogs - A song about depression and concern for anti-depressants. This song has brilliant lyrics and wonderful drumming that fits nicely with the guitars. The chorus is perfect too 4/5

Battery Check - Excellent motivation is included heavily in this song and it has a great verse and chorus. The backing music is perfect too 4/5

Fuel To The Flame - Fast and catchy, This song has very clever lyrics and a really nice rhythm to it 4/5

Afghan - A song about fighting and growing up in war. It mentions how the weaker one is always stronger. The chorus and lyrics are great but the song is nothing special 3.7/5

Greener Grass - A really good example of Millencolin's Talent is shown. The lyrics are very good and smart. The chorus is fast and catchy 4/5

Home From Home - A unique song from Millencolin. The track is fast and easy to jump to. A great chorus and verse is sung too 4/5

So overall. The album is very good and will remain one of the greatest punk albums in my collection. The music is unique and styled very well compared to the earlier Millencolin. The great thing is that they are the same band. There are no experimental changes on the bands styles.

Nightwish Dark Passion PlayNikola Sarcevic Roll Roll And Flee
Nightwish End Of An EraForever Slave Alice's Inferno
Nightwish Highest Hopes
doug (4.5)
Being naive can be a very good thing....

RandyfromPennywise (4)
An album somewhere between Rock and Punk, and great and brilliant....

TheMisterBungle
November 26th 2006

You need way more details seriously.

godLike
November 26th 2006

Poor review. If you can't describe the songs more detailed, try an overall. However, there you need more details, too

Mr_Coffee
April 16th 2007

I think Punk Rock Rebel is one of the best tracks of the album, along with Fingers Crossed and Home From Home.

RandyfromPennywise
May 23rd 2007

I'm doing a review for this after seeing this one again, just gotta find the time. Maybe tomorrow...

This track is fast and easy to jump to
Is this one of the worst reviews ever? Honestly this is why I hate track-by-tracks. No offence to the reviewer but you gotta admit this is pretty poor. This Message Edited On 05.23.07