|X Singer Suffers From MS|
2009-06-02 by Lestrade | 10 Comments
|Exene Cervenka, member of the Los Angeles punk band, X, released this statement today after much discomfort over the past couple of months:|
"After some months of not feeling 100% healthy, I recently had some medical tests run and the prognosis is that I am suffering from Multiple Sclerosis...Apparently, it has been affecting me for quite some time."
X announced last month that they were about to venture onto the "X on TRL" tour. (TRL meaning that the setlist is done by 'total request', not having to do with MTV)
This proves that the world works in shitty ways. The TRL tour's purpose is to raise money in name of the Sweet Relief fund. This charity was started in the early 1990's to aid uninsured musicians. The charity was started by Victoria Williams, who was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
Cervenka goes on, "Although this is obviously unfortunate news, I am choosing to see the positive in it. I, and X as a band, have supported the Sweet Relief charity since the mid-1990s; the irony of this is not lost on any of us... "
Cervenka holds up strong saying that this diagnosis does not change anything for her, her band, her commitment to said band or the charity.
"My focus will certainly be on maintaining my health — many people remain strong and continue to live their lives as productively as they had before an MS diagnosis and I plan to be one of those people.”
On another note, X bassist (and Cervenka's ex-husband) revealed that he has been working on songs for a 'possible new X album'. The first one since 1993.
So much respect goes to Cervenka.
Wish health and guidance for all those with misfortunes and little money.
I do have a heart
That's a rough deal, glad to see her dealing with it in a positive manner
MS sucks. God Bless.
These guys used to be great, this is pretty terrible
excellent band. my mom actually told me about this in the car this morning - she said she made a comment or something on the page saying that there were great chiropractors in lawrence ks (where we live; she lives somewhere in missouri). it'd be crazy if she came out to lawrence!
That's awful news. MS is terrible.
Thats a fuckin' bummer.
holy crap i am deeply saddened. i'm pretty sure only one kind of MS exists...and its bad
everyone who can catch this band on tour this summer its well worth it
i was looking forward to many more years of music from them. live, yes, but also a new album, maybe. now it might be going away. i love this band as much as anything, have met them, been to over two dozen shows. i guess atm i just feel grateful for all they have given me :'(
• Slipknot stream new album
• Pianos Become the Teeth stream al..
• New Smashing Pumpkins single
• New Diablo Swing Orchestra single
• Fall Out Boy debut new material
• Hey Rosetta! stream new album
• ERRA drop new single
• Attila stream new song
• At The Gates post new video
• Papa Roach reveal new song
• For All Eternity release new video
• Sick Puppies lose lead singer
• Xerath post new lyric video
• Heart In Hand release new video
• New CityCop track/pre-order
• Rishloo announce pre-order
• Sleater-Kinney reunites
• Decibel Magazine announce 2015 to..
• Cirle of Contempt post new video
• New Chief Keef and Tyga song
• Issues announce acoustic EP
• Amederia stream new album
• Housefire! release free mixtape
• Pain of Salvation stream new track
• James Blake releases new song
» see all news