|Finch Post New Demo|
2009-05-31 by Are You A Wizard? | 10 Comments
Californian post-hardcore act Finch have posted a new demo entitled 'Hail To The Fire' to MySpace.
The track is taken from the sessions for the band's upcoming third, as yet untitled, full length album.
The band posted in a blog: "So, some people say we're bad at keeping everyone up to speed on what we're doing... I guess it's a good time for an update.
"Since we released the EP last August, we've done some pretty heavy touring around the US, UK, Australia and Japan. We released the self titled EP without a label and have been touring without a label for the last year and half... or however long the band has been back together... All of that has been great and all of us in the band have had such a good time working hard and reintroducing the band to everyone and all that...
For the last few months we've been busy writing the new album, which is going well.
"We've still got some work to do, but have finished a bunch of demos and are really hoping to be in the studio this summer recording a brand new full length. We're currently weighing our options as far as getting the record made, finding a vehicle in which to deliver it (record label or what have you) But our priority right now is writing writing writing... hopefully we'll have everything wrapped up soon and be in the studio putting the record together.
"We've got a couple shows coming up so we can try out a bunch of these new songs... so make sure you make it those shows if you can. We can't wait to get in the studio and get this new record out to you as soon as possible."
Band Page: Finch (US)
Is the track any good? Myspace isn't working for me.
Song is pretty great one and a half thumbs up.
Yup, it's pretty solid. Sounds like a progression on the style on Say Hello To Sunshine and the Finch EP.
I can't wait for the new album now.
Such a good band.
sounds cool. i still need their ep
No, this song is not good. The instrumentations is incredibly average, none of the vocals are any good, and the song sounds uninspired and unoriginal. Until Finch stops trying so hard to make "heavy" music, they won't get any respect within the genre.
:: Face Palm + Face Smash on Keyboard ::
are you serious?
miro by this band is one of the best songs ever
I have the demos, they're all great.
• The Offspring finish Cover EP|
• New August Burns Red Video
• Another Gaslight Anthem Song
• Lil B: "No Black Person Is Ugly"
• Primus unveil new album, tour
• Panopticon stream new album
• Crown the Empire unveil video
• Cold World stream new album
• Gucci Mane streams new mixtape
• Symphony X talk new album
• Polyphia detail debut album, Muse
• Jakob reveal new LP
• New Drawn and Quartered album
• You Blew It! Robbed in Texas
• New Lagwagon Album
• Family Force 5 stream album
• Lucifer Was stream new song
• Num Skull to reissue debut album
• Flying Colors detail new album
• New Doomtree single
• Jessie Ware shares new song
• Art By Numbers Post Sampler
• Shlohmo & Jeremih drop free EP
• Mr. Kitty stream new album
• Rustie releases second single
» see all news