|Glenn Cornick passes away|
2014-08-30 by Matthijs van der Lee | 13 Comments
|Glenn Cornick, founding member and bass player for Jethro Tull during the group's early years, passed away on August 29th due to heart failure. Cornick contributed to Tull's first three albums, This Was, Stand Up and Benefit. He was 67 years old.|
Band leader Ian Anderson released the following statement on the band's website:
"It is with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of Glenn Cornick, bass player with Jethro Tull from the band’s inception 1968 until 1970. Of course, he had also played with the John Evan Band for the year during 1967 and so his contribution to the geographical transition from Blackpool to London and into the professional music scene was considerable.
Glenn was a man of great bonhomie and ready to befriend anyone – especially fellow musicians. Always cheerful, he brought to the early stage performances of Tull a lively bravado both as a personality and a musician.
His background in the beat groups of the North of England and his broad knowledge of music were always helpful in establishing the arrangements of the early Tull.
During the many years since then, Glenn continued to play in various bands and was a frequent guest at Tull fan conventions where he would join in with gusto to rekindle the musical moments of the early repertoire.
We will miss him hugely and our condolences go to his wife Brigitte and children.
Glenn Cornick: musician. April 23rd 1947 – August 29th 2014".
Tagged: Jethro Tull
• Modest Mouse release the first si..
• Korn vs Type 1 Diabetes
• Marilyn Manson reveals Deep Six
• Periphery drops another song
• Kendrick Lamar performs new track
• New Enter Shikari video
• Enslaved detail upcoming album, a..
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• SUMAC premiere new song
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
• Astrokraut stream debut album
• Sekte stream debut album
• New Ensiferum album
• Whalerider stream debut album
• Apex Shrine stream debut LP
• Alimony release new song
• CHON sign to Sumerian Records
» see all news