Glenn Cornick passes away2014-08-30 by Matthijs van der Lee | 13 Comments
|Glenn Cornick, founding member and bass player for Jethro Tull during the group's early years, passed away on August 29th due to heart failure. Cornick contributed to Tull's first three albums, This Was, Stand Up and Benefit. He was 67 years old.|
Band leader Ian Anderson released the following statement on the band's website:
"It is with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of Glenn Cornick, bass player with Jethro Tull from the band’s inception 1968 until 1970. Of course, he had also played with the John Evan Band for the year during 1967 and so his contribution to the geographical transition from Blackpool to London and into the professional music scene was considerable.
Glenn was a man of great bonhomie and ready to befriend anyone – especially fellow musicians. Always cheerful, he brought to the early stage performances of Tull a lively bravado both as a personality and a musician.
His background in the beat groups of the North of England and his broad knowledge of music were always helpful in establishing the arrangements of the early Tull.
During the many years since then, Glenn continued to play in various bands and was a frequent guest at Tull fan conventions where he would join in with gusto to rekindle the musical moments of the early repertoire.
We will miss him hugely and our condolences go to his wife Brigitte and children.
Glenn Cornick: musician. April 23rd 1947 – August 29th 2014".
Tagged: Jethro Tull
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Planes Mistaken for Stars
• Every Time I Die Love C++
• Eluvium's new album streaming
• New Of Mice and Men Video
• New In Flames single, album
• New Meshuggah song
• Moby announces festival/new song
• Sum 41 declare War
• The Wounded Kings stream final LP
• CWOTD announce new record
• Car Bomb album details
• New Placebo song
• King Green releases EP
• Suma announce new studio album
• New Power Quest Track and E.P
» see all news