Honeyblood Stream Album2014-07-08 by William Lim | 0 Comments
|The city of Glasgow is certainly no stranger to fostering indie artists with names like |
Belle & Sebastian, Simple Minds and Primal Scream gracing their musical history, and it
seems that the all-female two-piece Honeyblood have joined the list. Just off a tour with
Courtney Barnett, Honeyblood is finally releasing their anticipated debut full-length,
following-up their only other release which was a two-song cassette from 2012 and finally
giving the world outside of the UK a true introduction to the sound of Honeyblood. Despite
having leaked in its entirety in mid-April, the self-titled record is newly streaming over
at Pitchfork. As for their sound, the duo combines pop sensibility, minimal technicality and
hazy production to elegantly incorporate jangle, garage, pop punk and dream pop, recalling
'80s alternative as much as they do their numerous indie pop contemporaries.
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• One OK Rock are "Taking Off"
• Dynatron debuts video
• Unreqvited Stream Debut
• Talk To Me, Run The Jewels
• Bring Me the Horizon are "Doomed"
• New Roads to Nowhere lyric vid
• Scum (FIN) debuts lost track
• Rome Hero Foxes tour
• Ray Toro's debut solo album
• New Virtual Blaze Single
• City of Caterpillar Announce Reun..
• Danny Worsnop returns to AA
• Frank Iero stream "Oceans"
• New Busted live video
• Auroch streaming Mute Books
» see all news