Going in new direction2005-12-27 by Mr. Pennywhistle | 7 Comments
|The Californian ska-punk band 'Reel Big Fish' has announced that they will be changing their direction completely for the next album they plan to release mid-2006. Fans who have come to love their energetic ska sound sound will have to readjust, as their next album will sound nothing like anything previously heard.|
"We need a change," announced Vocalist/Guitarist Aaron Barrett, "We have replaced the horn section with a string section and have added a piano accordionist to the mix. We feel after 10 years it's time to do something different with the band. We hope to attract new fans with the new sound, while keeping our current fans happy."
The "Mighty, Mighty Bosstones" have commented publically about this decision. "We don't see how this idea can possibly work" a spokesperson for the band explained, "but we wish them luck and give them kudos for trying something new."
It is unkown how their promoters and recording label feel about this change.
Tagged: Reel Big Fish
I consider myself a fan of Reel Big Fish, but I'm not sure if I would buy their newest release if it's as "different" as you say.
I dont think Aaron was being serious
when she leaves you
the old meme
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• The Nietzsche release new song
• R.I.P. Charles Bradley
• Bjork unveils 'The Gate'
• New Threat Signal song
• New Bloodred Hourglass video
• New Exarsis music video
• New We Came As Romans video
• Combichrist are broken.
• Ibeyi ft. Mala Rodriguez
• Bhad Bhabie Drops Second Track
• AA Thrown "Into The Fire"
• Walk The Moon share new single
• New Wolf Alice Song
• Red release two new songs
• Frank Zappa is now a Hologram
» see all news