Going in new direction2005-12-27 by Mr. Pennywhistle | 7 Comments
|The Californian ska-punk band 'Reel Big Fish' has announced that they will be changing their direction completely for the next album they plan to release mid-2006. Fans who have come to love their energetic ska sound sound will have to readjust, as their next album will sound nothing like anything previously heard.|
"We need a change," announced Vocalist/Guitarist Aaron Barrett, "We have replaced the horn section with a string section and have added a piano accordionist to the mix. We feel after 10 years it's time to do something different with the band. We hope to attract new fans with the new sound, while keeping our current fans happy."
The "Mighty, Mighty Bosstones" have commented publically about this decision. "We don't see how this idea can possibly work" a spokesperson for the band explained, "but we wish them luck and give them kudos for trying something new."
It is unkown how their promoters and recording label feel about this change.
Tagged: Reel Big Fish
I consider myself a fan of Reel Big Fish, but I'm not sure if I would buy their newest release if it's as "different" as you say.
I dont think Aaron was being serious
when she leaves you
the old meme
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay
• New Shade Empire song
• Yowie premiere new single; 3rd al..
• At the Drive-In to release new re..
• Limited Cult of Luna bundle annou..
• Modern Baseball announce hiatus
• New Architects Video
• Young Bleed Releases New Album
• Another new Senses Fail Track
• Elder announce new album
• Echo Tail explore The Ancestry
• New Kingdom of Giants Song
• Hopsin releases new song
• Doomocracy post new song
• Crystal Fairy stream debut LP
» see all news