|Going in new direction|
2005-12-27 by Mr. Pennywhistle | 4 Comments
|The Californian ska-punk band 'Reel Big Fish' has announced that they will be changing their direction completely for the next album they plan to release mid-2006. Fans who have come to love their energetic ska sound sound will have to readjust, as their next album will sound nothing like anything previously heard.|
"We need a change," announced Vocalist/Guitarist Aaron Barrett, "We have replaced the horn section with a string section and have added a piano accordionist to the mix. We feel after 10 years it's time to do something different with the band. We hope to attract new fans with the new sound, while keeping our current fans happy."
The "Mighty, Mighty Bosstones" have commented publically about this decision. "We don't see how this idea can possibly work" a spokesperson for the band explained, "but we wish them luck and give them kudos for trying something new."
It is unkown how their promoters and recording label feel about this change.
Tagged: Reel Big Fish
I consider myself a fan of Reel Big Fish, but I'm not sure if I would buy their newest release if it's as "different" as you say.
I dont think Aaron was being serious
• BREAKING: Chad Kroeger Sucks Dick
• Refused aren't fuckin dead
• System of a Down to embark on Eur..
• Brand New in studio
• Katy Perry to headline Super B
• Fall Out Boy set release date for..
• Callejon debut first material fro..
• There For Tomorrow disband
• Intervals split with vocalist
• CityCop stream new EP
• Chris and Shawn quit Megadeth
• Engel Debut New Single, Album
• The Black Dahlia Murder streams c..
• Madred stream debut album
• Mekaal Hasan Band reveals live DVD
• Primordial post new video
• The Decemberists release new video
• Owen streaming covers LP
• 11Paranoias stream new LP
• Varathron stream new LP
• Centinex stream new album
• White Arms of Athena release new ..
• Baring Teeth stream new album
• At the Gates release new video
• Thy Darkened Shade stream new alb..
» see all news