Wen streams debut LP2014-03-11 by Kristof B. | 10 Comments
|Part of the current "instrumental grime new wave," London producer Wen broke onto the scene early last year with the Commotion EP, released through Dusk and Blackdown's Keysound Recordings. After a year's wait, the label is now about to release his debut LP Signals, which is said to be heavily influenced by everyday life in the UK capital or, as Wen explained to FACT:|
"(...) I love what the underground scenes in the UK represent, and that feeling is deeply rooted in my music – I work hard to let that seep through. The album needed to cypher out my best work that captures those styles and lay them down in a coherent way, I think it spreads out evenly across those scenes whilst still holding on to my identity and stamping the style as my own (...)"
Ahead of its March 17th release date (April 1st for North America), you can stream the album over at RA:
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Vanna announce farewell tour
• Enter Shikari are Supercharged
• KMFDM debut 'Hell Yeah'
• Death Grips on Steroids
• Joshua Meijer releases music video
• MØ's new video 'Nights w/ You'
• New Silverstein song/album
• Dead by April reunite
• New Of Mice & Men release
• Ariana Grande concert explosion
• New Arcane Roots Single/Album
• New Rise Against song
• Two new Neck Deep songs
• Blood Stain Child's Evolution
• Burial drops new EP
» see all news