Wen streams debut LP2014-03-11 by Kristof B. | 10 Comments
|Part of the current "instrumental grime new wave," London producer Wen broke onto the scene early last year with the Commotion EP, released through Dusk and Blackdown's Keysound Recordings. After a year's wait, the label is now about to release his debut LP Signals, which is said to be heavily influenced by everyday life in the UK capital or, as Wen explained to FACT:|
"(...) I love what the underground scenes in the UK represent, and that feeling is deeply rooted in my music – I work hard to let that seep through. The album needed to cypher out my best work that captures those styles and lay them down in a coherent way, I think it spreads out evenly across those scenes whilst still holding on to my identity and stamping the style as my own (...)"
Ahead of its March 17th release date (April 1st for North America), you can stream the album over at RA:
Yesss I'm so excited to hear this.
I'll give you a hint: it's great
the fam coming together
yep, it's good stuff.
cant wait for blooms lp
Serious step up from Commotion
listened last night, shit's good
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Counterparts Drop 2nd Single
• Tera Melos announce new album
• Chelsea Wolfe's 2nd preview
• Ne Obliviscaris return
• Echo Tail streams new album
• New Osiris (Egypt) song, EP
• Two New Converge Tracks
• Perturbator announces EP
• Linkin Park release statement
• New Hollywood Undead video, album
• Sundfor sings with John Grant
• Another new Don Broco Track
• Steven Wilson debuts new video
• Humanity's Last Breath single
• Periphery Chester Tribute
» see all news