|The Horrors' Luminous|
2014-02-24 by Hernan M. Campbell STAFF | 13 Comments
|The Horrors will be releasing their highly anticipated 4th album, Luminous, on Cinco de Mayo (5th of May for all of you |
unilingual individuals). The band have also uploaded the studio version of "I See You" in the form of a lyric video on
their youtube page. "I See You" continues to showcase the hazy, dream-pop sound of 2011's Skying, but while leaning
more towards an '80s-synth pop style.
The Horrors have spoken on several occasions in regards to the album's sound, and their individual descriptions of what
the music will inevitably sound like have incorporated some contradicting adjectives like 'danceable' and 'heavier.'
Frontman Faris Badwan has shed some light on the matter in a recent interview with NME. Badwan said that "it would be
misleading to say it’s got more guitars or more synths, because half the time the guitars sound like synths anyway. Is it
fair to say there’s more of everything?"
This statement actually coincides with a previous comment made by bassist Rhys Webb about the band "experimenting
with sounds." He confessed that the group was interested in moving in a "slightly heavier direction" after Skying,
confirming "that's happened in a way, but not in the sense that people would expect."
Give the song a listen because it's bloody good:
Tagged: The Horrors
I don't know why this came out without spacing between the paragraphs, I added them and they show up in the editing page, but whatever. I apologize for that.
Anyway, I'm very excited for this. I hope everything turns out as good as this track.
I'm sure this will be one of my favorites of the year.
One of my most anticipated records this year.
posted again, just in case we missed it
Digging: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain
Digging: Pallbearer - Foundations of Burden
I don't like the vocal delivery or the lyrics. The instrumental bit at the end is ok, but could have been more dynamic.
Digging: He Is Legend - Heavy Fruit
Hope it's better than Skying - it was awful
objectively definitely 100% certified not wrong
why are we even here and not listening to the new The War on Drugs? (which is way better than stupid, skinny Horrors will ever be)
We can share all of the lovely music
• Kanye West causes uproar
• She has learned everything...
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Unearth release new song
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• Dance Gavin Dance stream new song
• Burn The Sun stream debut EP
• Zodiac stream Sonic Child
• I The Mighty vocalist goes solo
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
» see all news