|The Horrors' Luminous|
2014-02-24 by Hernan M. Campbell STAFF | 13 Comments
|The Horrors will be releasing their highly anticipated 4th album, Luminous, on Cinco de Mayo (5th of May for all of you |
unilingual individuals). The band have also uploaded the studio version of "I See You" in the form of a lyric video on
their youtube page. "I See You" continues to showcase the hazy, dream-pop sound of 2011's Skying, but while leaning
more towards an '80s-synth pop style.
The Horrors have spoken on several occasions in regards to the album's sound, and their individual descriptions of what
the music will inevitably sound like have incorporated some contradicting adjectives like 'danceable' and 'heavier.'
Frontman Faris Badwan has shed some light on the matter in a recent interview with NME. Badwan said that "it would be
misleading to say it’s got more guitars or more synths, because half the time the guitars sound like synths anyway. Is it
fair to say there’s more of everything?"
This statement actually coincides with a previous comment made by bassist Rhys Webb about the band "experimenting
with sounds." He confessed that the group was interested in moving in a "slightly heavier direction" after Skying,
confirming "that's happened in a way, but not in the sense that people would expect."
Give the song a listen because it's bloody good:
Tagged: The Horrors
I don't know why this came out without spacing between the paragraphs, I added them and they show up in the editing page, but whatever. I apologize for that.
Anyway, I'm very excited for this. I hope everything turns out as good as this track.
I'm sure this will be one of my favorites of the year.
One of my most anticipated records this year.
posted again, just in case we missed it
Digging: Yoko Kanno - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex OST Vol 1
Digging: Cursed Graves - Western Blood
Digging: Kayo Dot - Coffins On Io
I don't like the vocal delivery or the lyrics. The instrumental bit at the end is ok, but could have been more dynamic.
Digging: The Great Wall - The Iron Triangle: Congress
Hope it's better than Skying - it was awful
objectively definitely 100% certified not wrong
why are we even here and not listening to the new The War on Drugs? (which is way better than stupid, skinny Horrors will ever be)
We can share all of the lovely music
• Ne Obliviscaris stream new album
• Circa Survive reveal new single
• Bring Me the Horizon release anot..
• Marilyn Manson releases new single
• T-Pain performs sans autotune
• Foxy Shazam disbands
• Soundgarden release new song
• Miss Fortune singer arrested
• Fear Before tease reunion
• Alice in Chains release new video
• Marianas Trench covers Nicki Minaj
• Soen stream new album
• Refused fire guitarist
• Another new Foo Fighters song
• Yellowcard premiere new video
• The Republic of Wolves release fr..
• Hellacaust stream new album
• Pain of Salvation release new vid..
• Chief Keef and Gucci Mane team up..
• Chief Keef drops new mixtape
• Dropshard stream new LP
• Antarctigo Vespucci stream EP
• Sorrowseed release new video
• Edenian stream new EP
• Andross release new video
» see all news