Pete Seeger dies at age 942014-01-28 by experience an eternity in the Merzcar | 23 Comments
|The singer/songwriter/activist died Monday at the age of 94 of natural causes. Seeger was born in New York May 3, 1919 to musical parents: his father was a Harvard-trained composer; his mother, Constance, was a concert violinist. |
He sang for the labor movement in the 1940s and 1950s, for civil rights marches and anti-Vietnam War rallies in the 1960s, and for environmental and antiwar causes in the 1970s and beyond. 'We Shall Overcome', which Mr. Seeger adapted from old spirituals, became a civil rights anthem.
He was elected to the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1972, and in 1993 he was given a lifetime achievement Grammy Award.
Tagged: Pete Seeger
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Goat stream new LP
• New Steel Panther video, album
• Kimbra debuts new track
• Another new Crowbar track
• New Animals as Leaders single
• New Busted song/video
• GosT streams new album
• New Parkway Drive Video
• We Came As Romans debut new single
• Kate Bush announces live album
• Wovenwar lose guitarist
• BABYMETAL animated series in the ..
• New Strung Out Track
• New Pulley album in the works
• Kayo Dot US Fall Tour Dates
» see all news