|Pete Seeger dies at age 94|
2014-01-28 by OU818 | 23 Comments
|The singer/songwriter/activist died Monday at the age of 94 of natural causes. Seeger was born in New York May 3, 1919 to musical parents: his father was a Harvard-trained composer; his mother, Constance, was a concert violinist. |
He sang for the labor movement in the 1940s and 1950s, for civil rights marches and anti-Vietnam War rallies in the 1960s, and for environmental and antiwar causes in the 1970s and beyond. 'We Shall Overcome', which Mr. Seeger adapted from old spirituals, became a civil rights anthem.
He was elected to the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1972, and in 1993 he was given a lifetime achievement Grammy Award.
Tagged: Pete Seeger
• BREAKING: Chad Kroeger Sucks Dick
• Refused aren't fuckin dead
• System of a Down to embark on Eur..
• Chris and Shawn quit Megadeth
• Brand New in studio
• Katy Perry to headline Super B
• The Black Dahlia Murder streams c..
• Fall Out Boy set release date for..
• Intervals split with vocalist
• Callejon debut first material fro..
• Adimiron stream new album
• Just Before Dawn stream new LP
• New track from Enter Shikari
• New Archgoat Song
• Third Angels and Airwaves Song
• While She Sleeps release track
• Engel Debut New Single, Album
• Madred stream debut album
• CityCop stream new EP
• Mekaal Hasan Band reveals live DVD
• Primordial post new video
• The Decemberists release new video
• Owen streaming covers LP
• 11Paranoias stream new LP
• Varathron stream new LP
» see all news