Pete Seeger dies at age 942014-01-28 by writer's block circa 15 | 23 Comments
|The singer/songwriter/activist died Monday at the age of 94 of natural causes. Seeger was born in New York May 3, 1919 to musical parents: his father was a Harvard-trained composer; his mother, Constance, was a concert violinist. |
He sang for the labor movement in the 1940s and 1950s, for civil rights marches and anti-Vietnam War rallies in the 1960s, and for environmental and antiwar causes in the 1970s and beyond. 'We Shall Overcome', which Mr. Seeger adapted from old spirituals, became a civil rights anthem.
He was elected to the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1972, and in 1993 he was given a lifetime achievement Grammy Award.
Tagged: Pete Seeger
• Brand New release new song as a f..
• Justin Lowe found dead
• Tool + Mastodon supergroup
• Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri..
• Cynic break up
• Muse unleash new single
• Slint guitarist survives suicide ..
• Scarlett Johansson forms band
• Nickelback get groovy
• New Muse song
• Yndi Halda announce album
• Flocka drops Flockaveli 1.5
• New Crazy Town video
• Wu-Tang Album Sells at Auction
• James announce 'GATEOTW'
• Skyharbor give away new song
• Denihilist release new single
• MovMou/Prawn split available
• Witchcraft post new song
• New Moth Gatherer video
• New El-Creepo! (Todd Smith) single
• Wild Nothing new album
• Goodbye to Gravity singer conscio..
• New Thrice album in 2016
• Manimal stream new material
» see all news