|Shinedown EP releasing soon|
2014-01-26 by user Futures has been harassing me in my shoutbox for the pa | 15 Comments
|Brent Smith and Zach Myers, the lead vocalist and guitarist for Shinedown respectively, have finally begun the process of releasing their long-delayed EP, "The Covers: Acoustic", by a uploading each individual song per day on their official YouTube channel, before compiling all the tracks into said EP for commercial release.|
The conception and announcement of the album dates back almost a year ago when Smith announced on his Twitter feed that he and Myers would be recording an EP containing a varied assortment of acoustic covers, ranging from Metallica to Adelle, as voted by their followers. Since then, the project's release date has undergone a number of delays until now, due to licensing issues with artists, most notably Bon Jovi, who refused to allow the two to cover the track "Wanted Dead or Alive".
'The Covers: Acoustic' is set for commercial release on January 28th, by which point all tracks will be available on YouTube.
Listen to Smith and Myers covering the first track off the album, "London Calling" by The Clash, here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KtEqMoQ0o
The album will be available for purchase this Tuesday on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/wa/album/acoustic-sessions-ep/id797363243?ls=1&iqTagFallback=youtube.com
"ranging from Metallica to Adelle"
their fans voted on this? Shinedown fans are just as bad as this band
"... Bon Jovi, who refused to allow the two to cover the track "Wanted Dead or Alive""
good move Bon Jovi
"good move Bon Jovi"
I thought they broke up and that DVD was their farewell thing
Digging: Somos - Temple of Plenty
"Shinedown ep releasing soon"
...and nobody cared
Digging: Foxing - The Albatross
The songs released have been pretty good. Brent's voice is incredible.
Wow sputcomments are the best
Shinedowns covers are amazing tho, cant wait for this
Aren't these guys just another Nickelback?
Sound of Madness had it's moments, although they completely blew away any ground they were gaining when they released Amaryllis
Digging: Cal Chuchesta - Cocoa
oh c'mon they are alright
tbh Brent covering Otis Redding makes me wet
That Soul Asylum cover was amazing
• The Go! Team tease new album
• Irreversible Mechanism debut new ..
• Pallas stream their new album
• Thrice to reunite in 2015?
• Melechesh post lyric video
• Second To Sun release new song
• NYVES releases new song
• New Anamanaguchi THUMP mix
• Echo Tail stream third album
• The Darcys are now a duo
• Vulture stream free EP
• Mar Mortuum stream debut album
• Astrodiver stream debut LP
• Hopsin confirms album, hoax
• Amia Venera Landscape return
• New Weary Eyes acoustic track
• Red releases album teaser
• Two new Toxik songs
• Upcoming Mauno Meesit album news
• Grohl/Taylor supergroup signed
• Adversary stream debut album
• Mortal Strike stream debut LP
• The Weeknd debuts track for '50 S..
• Angra detail new album
• Thrown to the Sun release new vid..
» see all news