|Shinedown EP releasing soon|
2014-01-26 by Jack Knapman | 15 Comments
|Brent Smith and Zach Myers, the lead vocalist and guitarist for Shinedown respectively, have finally begun the process of releasing their long-delayed EP, "The Covers: Acoustic", by a uploading each individual song per day on their official YouTube channel, before compiling all the tracks into said EP for commercial release.|
The conception and announcement of the album dates back almost a year ago when Smith announced on his Twitter feed that he and Myers would be recording an EP containing a varied assortment of acoustic covers, ranging from Metallica to Adelle, as voted by their followers. Since then, the project's release date has undergone a number of delays until now, due to licensing issues with artists, most notably Bon Jovi, who refused to allow the two to cover the track "Wanted Dead or Alive".
'The Covers: Acoustic' is set for commercial release on January 28th, by which point all tracks will be available on YouTube.
Listen to Smith and Myers covering the first track off the album, "London Calling" by The Clash, here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KtEqMoQ0o
The album will be available for purchase this Tuesday on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/wa/album/acoustic-sessions-ep/id797363243?ls=1&iqTagFallback=youtube.com
"ranging from Metallica to Adelle"
their fans voted on this? Shinedown fans are just as bad as this band
"... Bon Jovi, who refused to allow the two to cover the track "Wanted Dead or Alive""
good move Bon Jovi
"good move Bon Jovi"
I thought they broke up and that DVD was their farewell thing
Digging: She Wants Revenge - She Wants Revenge
"Shinedown ep releasing soon"
...and nobody cared
Digging: Sun Kil Moon - Benji
The songs released have been pretty good. Brent's voice is incredible.
Wow sputcomments are the best
Shinedowns covers are amazing tho, cant wait for this
Aren't these guys just another Nickelback?
Sound of Madness had it's moments, although they completely blew away any ground they were gaining when they released Amaryllis
Digging: The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
oh c'mon they are alright
tbh Brent covering Otis Redding makes me wet
Digging: DMX - Flesh Of My Flesh, Blood Of My Blood
That Soul Asylum cover was amazing
• Slipknot stream new album
• ERRA drop new single
• New Smashing Pumpkins single
• Pianos Become the Teeth stream al..
• Fall Out Boy debut new material
• Hey Rosetta! stream new album
• New Diablo Swing Orchestra single
• Attila stream new song
• Sick Puppies lose lead singer
• Heart In Hand release new video
• Obituary stream new LP
• Alkoholizer stream new album
• Lagwagon stream their new album
• Orbs release new EP
• For All Eternity release new video
• Xerath post new lyric video
• New CityCop track/pre-order
• Rishloo announce pre-order
• Sleater-Kinney reunites
• Decibel Magazine announce 2015 to..
• Cirle of Contempt post new video
• At The Gates post new video
• New Chief Keef and Tyga song
• Issues announce acoustic EP
• Papa Roach reveal new song
» see all news