Shinedown EP releasing soon2014-01-26 by user Futures has been harassing me in my shoutbox for the pa | 15 Comments
|Brent Smith and Zach Myers, the lead vocalist and guitarist for Shinedown respectively, have finally begun the process of releasing their long-delayed EP, "The Covers: Acoustic", by a uploading each individual song per day on their official YouTube channel, before compiling all the tracks into said EP for commercial release.|
The conception and announcement of the album dates back almost a year ago when Smith announced on his Twitter feed that he and Myers would be recording an EP containing a varied assortment of acoustic covers, ranging from Metallica to Adelle, as voted by their followers. Since then, the project's release date has undergone a number of delays until now, due to licensing issues with artists, most notably Bon Jovi, who refused to allow the two to cover the track "Wanted Dead or Alive".
'The Covers: Acoustic' is set for commercial release on January 28th, by which point all tracks will be available on YouTube.
Listen to Smith and Myers covering the first track off the album, "London Calling" by The Clash, here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KtEqMoQ0o
The album will be available for purchase this Tuesday on iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/wa/album/acoustic-sessions-ep/id797363243?ls=1&iqTagFallback=youtube.com
"ranging from Metallica to Adelle"
their fans voted on this? Shinedown fans are just as bad as this band
"... Bon Jovi, who refused to allow the two to cover the track "Wanted Dead or Alive""
good move Bon Jovi
"good move Bon Jovi"
I thought they broke up and that DVD was their farewell thing
Digging: SouthFM - Swallowing The Pill
"Shinedown ep releasing soon"
Digging: Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love
...and nobody cared
Digging: The World Is a Beautiful Place... - Harmlessness
The songs released have been pretty good. Brent's voice is incredible.
Wow sputcomments are the best
Shinedowns covers are amazing tho, cant wait for this
Aren't these guys just another Nickelback?
Sound of Madness had it's moments, although they completely blew away any ground they were gaining when they released Amaryllis
Digging: Shihad - Killjoy
oh c'mon they are alright
tbh Brent covering Otis Redding makes me wet
That Soul Asylum cover was amazing
• Brand New release new song as a f..
• Tool + Mastodon supergroup
• Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri..
• Justin Lowe found dead
• Slint guitarist survives suicide ..
• Cynic break up
• Muse unleash new single
• Scarlett Johansson forms band
• Nickelback get groovy
• New Muse song
• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2016
• Evergrey keyboardist's single
• Mestis releases new music
• Jim Konya Dies, Age 44
• Ramleh announce new album
• New Anselmo-fronted supergroup
• Giant Squid call it a day
• Redemption announce new album fea..
• Beach House reveal new album
• My Chemical Romance release limit..
• Massive Attack announce tour; tea..
• Vision of Disorder premiere new s..
• Satyricon frontman diagnosed with..
• Brokencyde unveil new video
• The Faceless release single
» see all news