|The Horrors New Album Update|
2014-01-17 by Hernan M. Campbell STAFF | 8 Comments
|After postponing their anticipated follow-up to 2011's Skying in the fall of last year, it appears that The Horrors might be aiming for an April release, although still haven't decided on a specific date. The band has also yet to reveal the name of their fourth effort, but have stated that they will be moving in a "more electronic direction."|
Bassist Rhys Webb went on to comment that the group has been "experimenting with sound processing, sequencers and rhythm." Stating that they are hoping to give the music a poppier vibe, "We want to make music you can dance to, music that elevates. It feels like the next step to us." The description of a poppier and more electornically-influenced sound contrasts the statement given by guitarist Joshua Hayward earlier last year when he claimed that their fourth album would be similar to Hawkwind, but Webb went on to insist that the album would indeed be "heavier" than Skying, but perhaps "not in the sort of way that referencing Hawkwind might suggest."
The group has, however, debuted a couple of new songs live in the past few months, one of them being "Elixir Spring" which has an amateur recording of its debut on youtube (Check it out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWsvAzn-CM0). The track definitely fits the "fun and danceable" description that Rhys Webb has said of the album. The roughly 7-minute long "Elixir Spring"continues to showcase the hazy, dream-pop sound of Skying, and although primarily focuses its efforts in radiating an '80s new wave sound, there are some hints of mind-bending psychedelia near the end. Definitely worth checking out if you like Echo & The Bunnymen.
For further reading, check out this page: nme.com/news/the-horrors/74925
If this turns out to be as good as Primary Colours and Skying, this might end up becoming my aoty.
skying was very disappointing for me, primary colours tho... AMAZING.
Digging: The Smith Street Band - Throw Me in the River
sorry guys, that first sentence came out funky, but you get what I mean. I'm not going to edit it because I don't want the sentences to break and appear messy.
Really? I loved Skying. But yeah Primary colours was great.
although Skying >PC, any day.
Damn, love these guys.
Electronic direction, cool!
yeah Skying is killer.
Digging: Old Man Gloom - The Ape of God I
No. Make Strange House again before I have to do it for you.
• BREAKING: Chad Kroeger Sucks Dick
• Refused aren't fuckin dead
• System of a Down to embark on Eur..
• Chris and Shawn quit Megadeth
• The Black Dahlia Murder streams c..
• Brand New in studio
• Katy Perry to headline Super B
• Fall Out Boy set release date for..
• Callejon debut first material fro..
• Intervals split with vocalist
• Starbomb set to release second LP
• Adimiron stream new album
• Just Before Dawn stream new LP
• New track from Enter Shikari
• New Archgoat Song
• Third Angels and Airwaves Song
• While She Sleeps release track
• Engel Debut New Single, Album
• Madred stream debut album
• CityCop stream new EP
• Mekaal Hasan Band reveals live DVD
• Primordial post new video
• The Decemberists release new video
• Owen streaming covers LP
• 11Paranoias stream new LP
» see all news