Tokyo Police Club new album2014-01-13 by iGuter | 9 Comments
|After four years since 2010's Champ, Tokyo Police Club have finally announced their follow up album Forcefield due March 25th via Mom + Pop. Since 2011, the band had been teasing new material but development on their progress was shut tight. Vocalist/Bassist David Monks made a statement about the upcoming album:|
“Since writing started for Forcefield in mid-2011 there have been so many trends and every kind of ‘wave.’ We saw them all come and disappear or change into something broader. It left us wanting to make something that would last. We ended up rediscovering energy and guitars and simple, direct songs. There was certainly a lot of pressure to take the music somewhere new and there were lots of opinions about how to do that, but in the end we blocked all that out and followed our instincts. I think that’s what Forcefield is—it doesn’t matter what else is going on out there, the music just has to be honest and have a real feeling to it.”
Check out the newly released single "Hot Tonight":
Tagged: Tokyo Police Club
No words can describe how happy I am that they are making new music.
Digging: Emarosa - 131 Reimagined
I have been waiting for this album for a while...Champ was great. How are you guys feeling about "Hot Tonight"? There's been a lot of hate for it on Facebook. I think it is alright, but pushing the edge of being too poppy for me. Hopefully most of the songs are more like Argentina.
Digging: Botanist - Collective: The Shape of He to Come
haven't listened to them in a while but maybe this will be good.
Digging: Sincerely - Sweet Talk
mom + poop lol
they just sound more like foster the people
band sounds like they belong on the radio. thats not a compliment.
Digging: Rainbow Danger Club - Souvenirs
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• WITTR stream Thrice Woven
• New gory Cannibal Corpse video
• Too Close to Touch share new sing..
• New 10 Years song
• Linkin Park announce memorial show
• Red are 'Gone'
• Archgoat's Eternal Damnation
• Cash Me Ousside Girl gets record ..
• New Black Rebel Motorcycle Club a..
• New Cruxshadows Material
• My Ticket Home get Hyperreal
• Carnifex vs Virgin Trains
• Zao Score Another Victory
• Evanescence releases new song
• 2nd August Burns Red single
» see all news