Yusef Lateef Dies at 932013-12-25 by Adam Thomas EMERITUS | 19 Comments
|On Monday morning, legendary jazz multi-instrumentalist Yusef Lateef passed at the age of 93 at his home in Shutesbury, Massachusetts. While mostly known as a gifted tenor saxophonist, Lateef experimented with a variety of instruments throughout his playing career, such as the flute, oboe, and bassoon; as well as with many non-Western techniques and styles, making jazz a global language. Lateef also taught with a passion at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst from 1987-2002. He toured relentlessly through his old age, with his last performance being this past summer at the age of 92. |
Tagged: Yusef Lateef
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Celldweller album
• New Epica video/EP
• New Visitors track + album
• Dream Machine dropped by label
• Novelists Release New Song
• Melvins stream new track
• TesseracT debut new single
• New HAIM video
• Captain, We're Sinking live at XP..
• New LCD Soundsystem Album
• New Fall Out Boy Song
• 2nd Manchester Orchestra Song
• Horns gesture trademark update
• Turnover premiere "Super Natural"..
• CityCop share music video
» see all news