|Yusef Lateef Dies at 93|
2013-12-25 by Adam Thomas STAFF | 20 Comments
|On Monday morning, legendary jazz multi-instrumentalist Yusef Lateef passed at the age of 93 at his home in Shutesbury, Massachusetts. While mostly known as a gifted tenor saxophonist, Lateef experimented with a variety of instruments throughout his playing career, such as the flute, oboe, and bassoon; as well as with many non-Western techniques and styles, making jazz a global language. Lateef also taught with a passion at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst from 1987-2002. He toured relentlessly through his old age, with his last performance being this past summer at the age of 92. |
Tagged: Yusef Lateef
• Kanye West causes uproar
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Unearth release new song
• Chris Cheney forms supergroup
• New Helmet album in the works
• Yellowcard offer third single
• Tokio Hotel with new single
• Nick Holmes joins Bloodbath
• She has learned everything...
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• This Legend (Ex-Yellowcard) finis..
• Parker Cannon side project
• Musk Ox announce Tab Book
• Kenn Nardi posts title track
• As Blood Runs Black premieres new..
• Yelawolf debuts new song
» see all news