Yusef Lateef Dies at 932013-12-25 by Adam Thomas EMERITUS | 19 Comments
|On Monday morning, legendary jazz multi-instrumentalist Yusef Lateef passed at the age of 93 at his home in Shutesbury, Massachusetts. While mostly known as a gifted tenor saxophonist, Lateef experimented with a variety of instruments throughout his playing career, such as the flute, oboe, and bassoon; as well as with many non-Western techniques and styles, making jazz a global language. Lateef also taught with a passion at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst from 1987-2002. He toured relentlessly through his old age, with his last performance being this past summer at the age of 92. |
Tagged: Yusef Lateef
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• 30 Seconds to Mars 'Walk on Water'
• Sannhet stream So Numb
• Echosmith share second single
• ASIWYFA new single, LP
• Hell Fire stream new album
• New Mastodon LP in September?
• Miley Cyrus releases "Younger Now"
• The AAA Girls ask: Who's Heather?
• Weezer's new record: not called T..
• Counterparts Drop Third Single
• Hammock Stream Mysterium
• Alter Bridge live album/DVD
• My Ticket Home have Thrush
• New Leprous video
• Alice Glass drops EP
» see all news