|Richard Coughlan dead at 66|
2013-12-09 by jaffa calling | 15 Comments
|Richard Coughlan, the original drummer for the art-rock band Caravan, has died. The 66-year-old Coughlan had been in poor health for the past few years and passed away at home last week.|
The band announced the news on its Facebook page: ”It is with a very heavy heart that we announce that Richard Coughlan passed away on Sunday, December 1. May he Rest in Peace.” He is survived by his wife, Sue, and daughter, Beth.
Coughlan was a founding member of Caravan, who were part of the celebrated Canterbury Scene of the late ’60s that also included Soft Machine, Gong, Camel and Hatfield. Early on, he was also involved with the Wilde Flowers, an early-’60s ensemble that also featured two founding members of the Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt and Kevin Ayers.
• Modest Mouse release the first si..
• Korn vs Type 1 Diabetes
• Marilyn Manson reveals Deep Six
• Periphery drops another song
• Kendrick Lamar performs new track
• New Enter Shikari video
• Enslaved detail upcoming album, a..
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• Chief Keef & Kanye West collabora..
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• SUMAC premiere new song
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
• Astrokraut stream debut album
• Sekte stream debut album
• New Ensiferum album
• Whalerider stream debut album
• Apex Shrine stream debut LP
• Alimony release new song
» see all news