Richard Coughlan dead at 662013-12-09 by in an ocean or in a glass | 15 Comments
|Richard Coughlan, the original drummer for the art-rock band Caravan, has died. The 66-year-old Coughlan had been in poor health for the past few years and passed away at home last week.|
The band announced the news on its Facebook page: ”It is with a very heavy heart that we announce that Richard Coughlan passed away on Sunday, December 1. May he Rest in Peace.” He is survived by his wife, Sue, and daughter, Beth.
Coughlan was a founding member of Caravan, who were part of the celebrated Canterbury Scene of the late ’60s that also included Soft Machine, Gong, Camel and Hatfield. Early on, he was also involved with the Wilde Flowers, an early-’60s ensemble that also featured two founding members of the Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt and Kevin Ayers.
Aw fuck this sucks was a huge of their/his work!
I've never been a big fan of Caravan, but this is tragic. We've lost a lot of legends this year.
HUGE RIP! Man was a legend, band was legendary.
Digging: Schammasch - Triangle
Digging: Tiny Moving Parts - Celebrate
Digging: Breadwinner - The Burner
what's up with all the deaths this year...
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Phil Anselmo causes uproar over N..
• Infant Annihilator New Album
• Manowar announce farewell tour
• Another new Be'lakor song
• Periphery release new single
• New TTNG Song (+Album Details)
• Revocation detail sixth album
• Dinosaur Jr. announce new album
• Gord Downie reveals cancer diagno..
• Russian Circles debut new song
• Avalanches Tease New Material
• Another new Thrice track
• Volbeat Seals The Deal With Lyric..
• R.I.P. Nick Menza
• New Willow Smith, Michael Cera
• Say Anything's new music video
» see all news