Richard Coughlan dead at 662013-12-09 by A : w.e.b. CONTRIBUTOR | 15 Comments
|Richard Coughlan, the original drummer for the art-rock band Caravan, has died. The 66-year-old Coughlan had been in poor health for the past few years and passed away at home last week.|
The band announced the news on its Facebook page: ”It is with a very heavy heart that we announce that Richard Coughlan passed away on Sunday, December 1. May he Rest in Peace.” He is survived by his wife, Sue, and daughter, Beth.
Coughlan was a founding member of Caravan, who were part of the celebrated Canterbury Scene of the late ’60s that also included Soft Machine, Gong, Camel and Hatfield. Early on, he was also involved with the Wilde Flowers, an early-’60s ensemble that also featured two founding members of the Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt and Kevin Ayers.
Aw fuck this sucks was a huge of their/his work!
I've never been a big fan of Caravan, but this is tragic. We've lost a lot of legends this year.
HUGE RIP! Man was a legend, band was legendary.
Digging: Hundredth - Rare
Digging: Rush - Power Windows
what's up with all the deaths this year...
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New HAIM video
• Captain, We're Sinking live at XP..
• New LCD Soundsystem Album
• New Fall Out Boy Song
• 2nd Manchester Orchestra Song
• Horns gesture trademark update
• Turnover premiere "Super Natural"..
• CityCop share music video
• New Captain We're Sinking album s..
• Mobb Deep's Prodigy found dead
• Foo Fighters announce album
• New Jay-Z Album
• New Echo Tail Single/Album
• Moby debuts new music video
• The Fall announce new album
» see all news