Richard Coughlan dead at 662013-12-09 by Aaron CONTRIBUTOR | 15 Comments
|Richard Coughlan, the original drummer for the art-rock band Caravan, has died. The 66-year-old Coughlan had been in poor health for the past few years and passed away at home last week.|
The band announced the news on its Facebook page: ”It is with a very heavy heart that we announce that Richard Coughlan passed away on Sunday, December 1. May he Rest in Peace.” He is survived by his wife, Sue, and daughter, Beth.
Coughlan was a founding member of Caravan, who were part of the celebrated Canterbury Scene of the late ’60s that also included Soft Machine, Gong, Camel and Hatfield. Early on, he was also involved with the Wilde Flowers, an early-’60s ensemble that also featured two founding members of the Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt and Kevin Ayers.
Aw fuck this sucks was a huge of their/his work!
I've never been a big fan of Caravan, but this is tragic. We've lost a lot of legends this year.
HUGE RIP! Man was a legend, band was legendary.
Digging: Petal - Comfort
what's up with all the deaths this year...
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Amenra Streams Mass VI
• Third Trivium single
• Icarus the Owl reveal single 2
• ASIWYFA stream new album
• Frank Turner releases new song
• Hittman to re-emerge/reissue firs..
• A Perfect Circle air single
• Tonight Alive share "Temple"
• Bell Witch album stream
• New Soft Moon song/album
• New Turbowolf single, LP
• Ophis stream The Dismal Circle
• New video by The Front Bottoms
• New Calexico album/track
• Cyhra release second single
» see all news