Richard Coughlan dead at 662013-12-09 by A : w.e.b. | 15 Comments
|Richard Coughlan, the original drummer for the art-rock band Caravan, has died. The 66-year-old Coughlan had been in poor health for the past few years and passed away at home last week.|
The band announced the news on its Facebook page: ”It is with a very heavy heart that we announce that Richard Coughlan passed away on Sunday, December 1. May he Rest in Peace.” He is survived by his wife, Sue, and daughter, Beth.
Coughlan was a founding member of Caravan, who were part of the celebrated Canterbury Scene of the late ’60s that also included Soft Machine, Gong, Camel and Hatfield. Early on, he was also involved with the Wilde Flowers, an early-’60s ensemble that also featured two founding members of the Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt and Kevin Ayers.
Aw fuck this sucks was a huge of their/his work!
I've never been a big fan of Caravan, but this is tragic. We've lost a lot of legends this year.
HUGE RIP! Man was a legend, band was legendary.
Digging: The Menzingers - After The Party
Digging: Emilie Nicolas - Like I'm a Warrior
what's up with all the deaths this year...
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Epic leaves Crazy Town
• New All Time Low Song
• Volumes promote new single, album
• New Demon Hunter video
• Incubus Share New Track
• Emmure premiere new single, video
• No Lives Matter to Body Count
• 2017 Applications Open
• New Once Human video
• Benighted Stream New Album
• Echo Tail is Building a Myth
• Sorority Noise drop 2nd single
• Papa Roach release new song
• He Is Legend Hits the Sand
• Traveler Announce Full Length
» see all news