Richard Coughlan dead at 662013-12-09 by A : w.e.b. CONTRIBUTOR | 15 Comments
|Richard Coughlan, the original drummer for the art-rock band Caravan, has died. The 66-year-old Coughlan had been in poor health for the past few years and passed away at home last week.|
The band announced the news on its Facebook page: ”It is with a very heavy heart that we announce that Richard Coughlan passed away on Sunday, December 1. May he Rest in Peace.” He is survived by his wife, Sue, and daughter, Beth.
Coughlan was a founding member of Caravan, who were part of the celebrated Canterbury Scene of the late ’60s that also included Soft Machine, Gong, Camel and Hatfield. Early on, he was also involved with the Wilde Flowers, an early-’60s ensemble that also featured two founding members of the Soft Machine, Robert Wyatt and Kevin Ayers.
Aw fuck this sucks was a huge of their/his work!
I've never been a big fan of Caravan, but this is tragic. We've lost a lot of legends this year.
HUGE RIP! Man was a legend, band was legendary.
Digging: Remo Drive - Greatest Hits
Digging: Bad Suns - Disappear Here
what's up with all the deaths this year...
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Hasan Album
• Upon a Burning Body are Outcasts
• New In Hearts Wake Song, Album
• New Hante Song/Video
• BTBAM Turn on the Darkness
• 2nd New Blood Stain Child Song
• Dying Fetus post new single
• Volumes Are Left For Dead
• Of Mice and Men Aren't Broken
• Another Papa Roach Single
• ALLB Trace the Lines
• New Shadow Of Intent Single
• Stream A New Machine EP
• Eidola Single & Album Details
• Prayers of Sanity stream new song
» see all news