Logos stream debut album2013-11-11 by Voivod STAFF | 3 Comments
|Logos, the alias of London based electronic music producer James Parker, is streaming his debut album, Cold Mission, over at Pitchfork.|
According to Parker, the inspiration for the album came from "nostalgia for pirate radio grime and the sense of loss I feel for that period. I'm interested in tracing the links between classic Metalheadz productions and early grime, especially the more angular stuff Slimzee played, but integrated in to a roughly 130 BPM club context. The title Cold Mission is a nod to 4Hero and that whole era of London retro futuristic music. It's also a reference to Digital's "Special Mission" and "Mission Accomplished".
The album will be released on November 19 through Keysound Recordings.
You can stream the album right here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/288-cold-mission/
Good stuff, the cold and "open" ambient landscapes is where this album is, I wish there were more of them. As for the dubstep parts, they are okay.
Digging: Lock Howl - Pareidolia
Common gripe, but his stuff works better in short form
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Echosmith share second single
• ASIWYFA new single, LP
• Hell Fire stream new album
• New Mastodon LP in September?
• Miley Cyrus releases "Younger Now"
• The AAA Girls ask: Who's Heather?
• Weezer's new record: not called T..
• Counterparts Drop Third Single
• Hammock Stream Mysterium
• Alter Bridge live album/DVD
• My Ticket Home have Thrush
• New Leprous video
• Alice Glass drops EP
• New 10 Years record/single
• Brand new Brand New record
» see all news