|Logos stream debut album|
2013-11-11 by Voivod STAFF | 3 Comments
|Logos, the alias of London based electronic music producer James Parker, is streaming his debut album, Cold Mission, over at Pitchfork.|
According to Parker, the inspiration for the album came from "nostalgia for pirate radio grime and the sense of loss I feel for that period. I'm interested in tracing the links between classic Metalheadz productions and early grime, especially the more angular stuff Slimzee played, but integrated in to a roughly 130 BPM club context. The title Cold Mission is a nod to 4Hero and that whole era of London retro futuristic music. It's also a reference to Digital's "Special Mission" and "Mission Accomplished".
The album will be released on November 19 through Keysound Recordings.
You can stream the album right here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/288-cold-mission/
Good stuff, the cold and "open" ambient landscapes is where this album is, I wish there were more of them. As for the dubstep parts, they are okay.
Digging: Trial (SWE) - Vessel
Common gripe, but his stuff works better in short form
• Poison The Well Reunite
• Papa Roach stream F.E.A.R
• Asking Alexandria singer quits
• 10 Years release new single
• 1886 stream debut LP
• Phil Elverum streams Sauna
• Napalm Death drop new video
• Liturgy stream Quetzalcoatl
• Burial releases Temple Sleeper
• New Megadeth album announced
• New Patrick Watson Single
• Demis Roussos dies at 68
• New Death Cab for Cutie Single
• Title Fight Streams Hyperview
• Franck Carducci streams new album
• Zoë Keating's Youtube dilemma
• Powder For Pigeons stream LP
• Cryptrip stream debut LP
• We Are Harlot premiere music video
• The Vaccines announce 3rd LP
• Rush announce R40 Tour (updated)
• Do stream new EP
• The Gentle Storm release new lyri..
• Corelia detail two-disc debut alb..
• Lunar Mantra stream debut LP
» see all news