Logos stream debut album2013-11-11 by Voivod STAFF | 3 Comments
|Logos, the alias of London based electronic music producer James Parker, is streaming his debut album, Cold Mission, over at Pitchfork.|
According to Parker, the inspiration for the album came from "nostalgia for pirate radio grime and the sense of loss I feel for that period. I'm interested in tracing the links between classic Metalheadz productions and early grime, especially the more angular stuff Slimzee played, but integrated in to a roughly 130 BPM club context. The title Cold Mission is a nod to 4Hero and that whole era of London retro futuristic music. It's also a reference to Digital's "Special Mission" and "Mission Accomplished".
The album will be released on November 19 through Keysound Recordings.
You can stream the album right here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/288-cold-mission/
Good stuff, the cold and "open" ambient landscapes is where this album is, I wish there were more of them. As for the dubstep parts, they are okay.
Common gripe, but his stuff works better in short form
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Betraying The Martyrs Vid
• New Silverstein Video
• Evergrey release a new single
• Mika Bleu Dies
• Oathbreaker new album and song
• Helms Alee premiere new song
• DGD to board the Mothership
• clipping. announce new album
• New Glass Animals Track
• Coroner Enter Studio
• Alcest unveil Kodama
• First Joy Opposites (ex-FACT)
• New Father John Misty single
• 40 Watt Sun Album Announced
• Russian Circles stream 3rd single
» see all news