Logos stream debut album2013-11-11 by Voivod STAFF | 3 Comments
|Logos, the alias of London based electronic music producer James Parker, is streaming his debut album, Cold Mission, over at Pitchfork.|
According to Parker, the inspiration for the album came from "nostalgia for pirate radio grime and the sense of loss I feel for that period. I'm interested in tracing the links between classic Metalheadz productions and early grime, especially the more angular stuff Slimzee played, but integrated in to a roughly 130 BPM club context. The title Cold Mission is a nod to 4Hero and that whole era of London retro futuristic music. It's also a reference to Digital's "Special Mission" and "Mission Accomplished".
The album will be released on November 19 through Keysound Recordings.
You can stream the album right here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/288-cold-mission/
Good stuff, the cold and "open" ambient landscapes is where this album is, I wish there were more of them. As for the dubstep parts, they are okay.
Digging: Red Spektor - Red Spektor
Common gripe, but his stuff works better in short form
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Phil Anselmo causes uproar over N..
• Another new Be'lakor song
• Periphery release new single
• New TTNG Song (+Album Details)
• Revocation detail sixth album
• Dinosaur Jr. announce new album
• Gord Downie reveals cancer diagno..
• Russian Circles debut new song
• Avalanches Tease New Material
• Another new Thrice track
• Volbeat Seals The Deal With Lyric..
• R.I.P. Nick Menza
• New Willow Smith, Michael Cera
• Say Anything's new music video
• New Alaskalana Reissue and EP
• New Silent Planet single
» see all news