Logos stream debut album2013-11-11 by Voivod STAFF | 3 Comments
|Logos, the alias of London based electronic music producer James Parker, is streaming his debut album, Cold Mission, over at Pitchfork.|
According to Parker, the inspiration for the album came from "nostalgia for pirate radio grime and the sense of loss I feel for that period. I'm interested in tracing the links between classic Metalheadz productions and early grime, especially the more angular stuff Slimzee played, but integrated in to a roughly 130 BPM club context. The title Cold Mission is a nod to 4Hero and that whole era of London retro futuristic music. It's also a reference to Digital's "Special Mission" and "Mission Accomplished".
The album will be released on November 19 through Keysound Recordings.
You can stream the album right here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/288-cold-mission/
Good stuff, the cold and "open" ambient landscapes is where this album is, I wish there were more of them. As for the dubstep parts, they are okay.
Digging: Inhumatus - Terran Genocide
Common gripe, but his stuff works better in short form
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Congrats New Hires!
• Dead Rabbitts Reveal New Video
• R.I.P. Toshio Nakanishi
• Knuckle Puck debut new single
• Remo Drive premiere new singles
• Uneven Structure release video
• Havok vs. Fake News in third sing..
• Ghost Bath Announce Album
• New Seether single, album
• Ulver announce new album
• New Acceptance Album Stream
• New While She Sleeps single
• Celldweller's "Electric Eye"
• New Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay
• New Shade Empire song
» see all news