Logos stream debut album2013-11-11 by Voivod STAFF | 3 Comments
|Logos, the alias of London based electronic music producer James Parker, is streaming his debut album, Cold Mission, over at Pitchfork.|
According to Parker, the inspiration for the album came from "nostalgia for pirate radio grime and the sense of loss I feel for that period. I'm interested in tracing the links between classic Metalheadz productions and early grime, especially the more angular stuff Slimzee played, but integrated in to a roughly 130 BPM club context. The title Cold Mission is a nod to 4Hero and that whole era of London retro futuristic music. It's also a reference to Digital's "Special Mission" and "Mission Accomplished".
The album will be released on November 19 through Keysound Recordings.
You can stream the album right here: http://pitchfork.com/advance/288-cold-mission/
Good stuff, the cold and "open" ambient landscapes is where this album is, I wish there were more of them. As for the dubstep parts, they are okay.
Digging: Deus Ignotus - Hexapterygon
Common gripe, but his stuff works better in short form
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Stream Whores. Album
• Another nu Korn video
• Car Bomb Stream Meta
• One OK Rock are "Taking Off"
• Dynatron debuts video
• Unreqvited Stream Debut
• Talk To Me, Run The Jewels
• Bring Me the Horizon are "Doomed"
• New Roads to Nowhere lyric vid
• Scum (FIN) debuts lost track
• Rome Hero Foxes tour
• Ray Toro's debut solo album
• New Virtual Blaze Single
• City of Caterpillar Announce Reun..
• Danny Worsnop returns to AA
» see all news