|Actress preps Ghettoville|
2013-11-06 by Deviant STAFF | 13 Comments
|Darren Cunningham, Werk Discs manager and better known to the world as Actress, has finally, seemingly, set in concrete a release date for his long gestating fourth LP, Ghettoville.|
Rumoured to be in production as far back as 2010, the album is designed to serve as a bridge to the producer's debut LP, Hazyville. Actress has released two other LPs in the interim however, 2010's Splazsh and last year's concept-heavy R.I.P, both to varying levels of acclaim.
An announcement posted to the Werk Discs website reads as follows:
"Ghettoville is the bleached out and black tinted conclusion of the Actress image"
The post then dissolves into a series of increasingly cryptic statements, such as:
"the scripts now carry tears, the world has returned to a flattened state, and out through that window, the birds look back into the cage they once inhabited".
The album will be released as a box set, which includes a 32-page artbook, three LPs, a CD and Hazyville, which appears for the first time here on vinyl. You'll also be able to grab it as a scaled-down vinyl set, a CD and a digital download.
An earlier revealed tracklist is listed below.
Werk Discs will release Ghettoville on January 27th, 2014.
2. Street Corp
Even though I've never held Actress in as high a reverence as others I'm still stoked for this
4 years is a long time. Hope the record will meet people's expectations.
Terrible album title
pretty much right on with Dev on this one. Never been too into the dude but this should be tight
this guy sounds like an pretentious prick who thinks people care way too much about his music.
actress is pretty sweet. not amazing but always enjoyable. haven't bothered to check out much of the recent stuff though.
Pursue their dreams
oh hh hhh hh hhh hhhh h
totally getting that deluxe lp set ugggghhh omg i dont wanna wait you guys
To listen or not to listen
Digging: Squirrel Bait - Skag Heaven
it's not bad
Digging: Round One to Round Five - 1993-99 Main Street Records
I'm still debating listening to it, Does it drag at all? because the majority of 2014 albums I've listened to so far have put me to sleep.
Then better don't listen to it.
• Issues announce acoustic EP
• New Diablo Swing Orchestra single
• Papa Roach reveal new song
• At The Gates post new video
• Fall Out Boy debut new material
• Cirle of Contempt post new video
• Housefire! release free mixtape
• Bring Me the Horizon announce new..
• Pain of Salvation stream new track
• Opiate Birth reveals artwork for ..
• New Chief Keef and Tyga song
• Amederia stream new album
• James Blake releases new song
• New BBNG album with Ghostface Kil..
• Set It Off release new music video
• New Linkin Park song
• Plateau Sigma stream debut LP
• Circa Survive tease new album
• Bonobo returns with new EP
• A Tribute to Sonata Arctica
• Gates stream new song
• Damien Rice releases new video
• Foo Fighters premiere new single
• Electric Six stream Human Zoo
• Hierophant stream new track
» see all news