|Stream new Hammock song|
2013-11-04 by Raul Stanciu STAFF | 13 Comments
|Post rock outfit Hammock have started pre-ordering their upcoming record, Oblivion Hymns, due out on November 26. 'I Could Hear The Water At The Edge Of All Things' is available as a free download with each bundle. |
For the stream and more information on orders, tracklist and package, access Hammock's Bandcamp profile here - http://shop.hammockmusic.com/album/oblivion-hymns
i'm likin' this record art/vibe, goes nice with the music. good stuff
little campy but oh well when i hear the soft choral chidings of children i can do no less than listen
Stunning stuff, as per usual.
Digging: NxxxxxS - Fujita Scale
sounds awful and cheesy to me. which is a shame because ten thousand years wont save your life was instant love last year.
loving it. looking forward to the new album
The transition into the choral part wasn't very smooth. I felt like it kind of clashed with the rest of the track. There's potential if the track arrangement is complimentary and it works with the next track though.
I hope that Hammock haven't bitten off more than they can chew with Oblivion Hymns. To write, orchestrate, record, and release an album only thirteen months after a pretty successful double LP is ambitious. Considering the scope of the project and how many musicians are involved, it's amazing that they've managed to pull it off. Hopefully the album is consistent in quality with the rest of their discography.
that fee when you've done a lot of jail time
"The transition into the choral part wasn't very smooth" idk geas, the rest of the music had already faded. Granted, it was a fast fade transition. I agree though that what that track leads into will have a lot to do with how out of place it is.
There wasn't much of a "transition" at all. Great track, though. It manages, as is Hammock's MO, to be both minimal and sublimely powerful.
Seemed like a fine transition to my ears, it's not like it was one part one moment then suddenly out of nowhere the chorus came in, there was a fade at least.
• Slipknot stream new album
• Pianos Become the Teeth stream al..
• New Smashing Pumpkins single
• ERRA drop new single
• New Diablo Swing Orchestra single
• Fall Out Boy debut new material
• Hey Rosetta! stream new album
• Attila stream new song
• Sick Puppies lose lead singer
• At The Gates post new video
• For All Eternity release new video
• Xerath post new lyric video
• Heart In Hand release new video
• New CityCop track/pre-order
• Rishloo announce pre-order
• Sleater-Kinney reunites
• Decibel Magazine announce 2015 to..
• Cirle of Contempt post new video
• New Chief Keef and Tyga song
• Issues announce acoustic EP
• Papa Roach reveal new song
• Amederia stream new album
• Housefire! release free mixtape
• Pain of Salvation stream new track
• James Blake releases new song
» see all news