Stream new Hammock song2013-11-04 by Raul Stanciu STAFF | 12 Comments
|Post rock outfit Hammock have started pre-ordering their upcoming record, Oblivion Hymns, due out on November 26. 'I Could Hear The Water At The Edge Of All Things' is available as a free download with each bundle. |
For the stream and more information on orders, tracklist and package, access Hammock's Bandcamp profile here - http://shop.hammockmusic.com/album/oblivion-hymns
i'm likin' this record art/vibe, goes nice with the music. good stuff
little campy but oh well when i hear the soft choral chidings of children i can do no less than listen
Stunning stuff, as per usual.
sounds awful and cheesy to me. which is a shame because ten thousand years wont save your life was instant love last year.
loving it. looking forward to the new album
The transition into the choral part wasn't very smooth. I felt like it kind of clashed with the rest of the track. There's potential if the track arrangement is complimentary and it works with the next track though.
I hope that Hammock haven't bitten off more than they can chew with Oblivion Hymns. To write, orchestrate, record, and release an album only thirteen months after a pretty successful double LP is ambitious. Considering the scope of the project and how many musicians are involved, it's amazing that they've managed to pull it off. Hopefully the album is consistent in quality with the rest of their discography.
"The transition into the choral part wasn't very smooth" idk geas, the rest of the music had already faded. Granted, it was a fast fade transition. I agree though that what that track leads into will have a lot to do with how out of place it is.
There wasn't much of a "transition" at all. Great track, though. It manages, as is Hammock's MO, to be both minimal and sublimely powerful.
Seemed like a fine transition to my ears, it's not like it was one part one moment then suddenly out of nowhere the chorus came in, there was a fade at least.
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Today Is the Day Reissues LP
• King Apathy debut music video
• Boston Drummer Dies
• Body Count don Black Hoodies
• Incendiary premiere new track
• All Time Low drop 2nd track
• Braveyoung's Misery and Pride
• Northlane drops surprise album
• Gorillaz album details/4 new trac..
• Kendrick Lamar teases new album
• New Jute Gyte EP Streaming
• Bowie monument scrapped
• Trial (SWE) stream new material
• A Lot Like Birds premiere new sin..
• Sleepmakeswaves Stream Album
» see all news