Chastain to release new album2013-10-23 by Voivod STAFF | 5 Comments
|Cincinnati, Ohio based old school heavy metal act Chastain are going to release a new album on November 19 through Leviathan Records.|
The album, entitled Surrender To No One, marks the return of acclaimed female vocalist Leather Leone behind the microphone. During the second half of the 1980s and with Leone on vocals, Chastain released 5 albums of critically acclaimed '80s metal.
Guitar shredder and band main man David Chastain commented on the new album as follows:
We are trying to write and record music that is expected of us but with some modern twists and turns. We demoed up 20 tracks and it was difficult to leave any of them off the CD. Stian did an amazing job with the drum tracks and his performance is probably the best drumming on any Chastain release to date. We have been in no rush as we wanted to make sure everything would live up to our past releases, but at this point we are in the home stretch.
Can 2013 get any better????
^the question is: where has 2013 ever been that good thus far? you for yourself have only two records rated with 4.5 or above, which is a hilariously low number, even for sputnik-elitist figures.
I thought it was Jessica Chastain and was like I'm definitely gonna give this a spin.
Digging: Brockhampton - Saturation 2
For metal it's a good year for sure. As for the ratings, I wouldn't make it such an issue, if I were you, although anything with a rating average equal or higher than 3.5 is worth checking out for sure.
On another note, there are a lot of albums that I fancied, but that's not enough reason to rate them with a good rating. For me, to rate an album I should listen to it for two weeks minimum under different situations and moods, in order to tell how good it is.
Another thing for sure is that my 4.5s are expensive, in the sense that I don't often come across "superb" albums (that's my opinion though), but I quite often come across metal albums between 3.5-4.0, which is fine too.
Is Jessica in the music industry too?
I guess not, but still it'd be cool.
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• WITTR stream Thrice Woven
• New gory Cannibal Corpse video
• Too Close to Touch share new sing..
• New 10 Years song
• Linkin Park announce memorial show
• Red are 'Gone'
• Archgoat's Eternal Damnation
• Cash Me Ousside Girl gets record ..
• New Black Rebel Motorcycle Club a..
• New Cruxshadows Material
• My Ticket Home get Hyperreal
• Carnifex vs Virgin Trains
• Zao Score Another Victory
• Evanescence releases new song
• 2nd August Burns Red single
» see all news