Album is suprisingly good, even though its a bit too long.
Album is alright. Pretty solid instrumentation, but vocals are a bit boring. They never really stand out. No soaring choruses at all, nothing too catchy, and nothing is that aggressive either. Potential, but never really anything to write home about. A few sweet drum and guitar sections, but they're few and far between.
Haven't heard this, but I've been told it's a total waste of Kris Norris' talents.
It's pretty solid but also (guitar tone in solos aside) pretty much what Slipknot would sound like if they went industrial for their next album. Think the reason Jordison for big names for the instruments but went unknown for the vocalist was so that he could have someone who sounds like Corey Taylor to work with. Still it'd be interesting if this band goes on to make a second album in future with the rest of the band having songwriting input.
Digging: Digital Nova - Orphelins
Can occasionally hear bits of the other members' previous bands. Cruel Ocean opens with a very Nine Inch Nails-esque beat
I heard two or so songs by them...they were both cool instrumentally but the very generic radio
rock/metal vocals held it back. It could have been so much more
I like it
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Chelsea Wolfe's 2nd preview
• Ne Obliviscaris return
• Echo Tail streams new album
• New Osiris (Egypt) song, EP
• Two New Converge Tracks
• Perturbator announces EP
• Linkin Park release statement
• New Hollywood Undead video, album
• Sundfor sings with John Grant
• Another new Don Broco Track
• Steven Wilson debuts new video
• Humanity's Last Breath single
• Periphery Chester Tribute
• Linkin Park cancels world tour
• Pentakill return with new album
» see all news