Album is suprisingly good, even though its a bit too long.
Album is alright. Pretty solid instrumentation, but vocals are a bit boring. They never really stand out. No soaring choruses at all, nothing too catchy, and nothing is that aggressive either. Potential, but never really anything to write home about. A few sweet drum and guitar sections, but they're few and far between.
Haven't heard this, but I've been told it's a total waste of Kris Norris' talents.
It's pretty solid but also (guitar tone in solos aside) pretty much what Slipknot would sound like if they went industrial for their next album. Think the reason Jordison for big names for the instruments but went unknown for the vocalist was so that he could have someone who sounds like Corey Taylor to work with. Still it'd be interesting if this band goes on to make a second album in future with the rest of the band having songwriting input.
Digging: Maximum the Hormone - Mimi Kajiru (2015)
Can occasionally hear bits of the other members' previous bands. Cruel Ocean opens with a very Nine Inch Nails-esque beat
I heard two or so songs by them...they were both cool instrumentally but the very generic radio
rock/metal vocals held it back. It could have been so much more
I like it
Digging: Megadeth - Dystopia
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Phil Anselmo causes uproar over N..
• New releases from The Pillows
• Users' Best of 2015 feature
• R.I.P. Glenn Frey
• Deftones premiere new song
• Haken New Album Details
• The Black Dahlia Murder guitarist..
• New Blaqk Audio single
• New Bossk album announced
• RYNG release debut LP
• Spiritual Beggars new song
• The Artificials tease new albu
• New Death Grips Track
• Dustin Kensrue Releases Cover
• The Lumineers new album/song
• ERRA debut new track, vocalist
• Housefire! rerelease Corn
• Haken announce new album
• Motorpsycho reveal new single
• Arrayan Path stream new album
» see all news