|Swallow The Sun to stream live concert|
2013-09-25 by Voivod STAFF | 11 Comments
|Finnish doom metal outfit Swallow the Sun are celebrating their 10th anniversary since the release of their highly acclaimed debut, The Morning Never Came, and in that light, they will perform the entire album live at Klubi in Tampere, Finland, on September 26.|
Moreover, the concert will be streaming live worldwide (10PM UTC/6PM EDT) from pay-per-view service Livemusicstage.
Concert stream link: http://www.livemusicstage.com/events/132/swallow-the-sun/6
Tagged: Swallow the Sun
Yep no thanks would be cool if free
I mean festivals like Bloodstock 2013 had their entire itinerary streaming for free, but I really don't know whether the actual cost of a concert stream can be covered by a single band or not.
Digging: Varathron - Untrodden Corridors of Hades
Hmm is this the new way bands are trying to make money since concerts don't bring in much. 'Lets strike deals with the visual media services for an advance.' Umm... no.
Stream off youtube > Pay for pay per view
Yeah no one would pay for this
Digging: The Birthday Massacre - Superstition
When I posted this, I didn't see how much they were billing, but 5 euros to see a concert held in a foreign country from the comfort of home, is not too big of a cost.
I'm not defending the site's practice, but a lot of fans who want to see a show outside their country or state, are saving money for months, they adjust their itinerary accordingly and they end up paying for transportation, accommodation and the ticket, so this may be a good deal after all.
more like Swallow the Semem
cuz this band sucks dick
would be funny if they actually sucked
i just listened to their music, they do
I'm with Voivod. I would certainly consider $5-10 to stream a really good performance that I otherwise would not be able to see. This is, of course, assuming the LiveMusicStage service doesn't suck (the experience and audio/video quality is good).
The fact that this isn't just a random show, but a performance of arguably their best record, means that it has some real value for Swallow the Sun fans.
Yea why would anyone pay to watch a show that if they couldn't stream would normally cost them to see in person anyways. Makes no sense.
"Hmm is this the new way bands are trying to make money since concerts don't bring in much."
And they don't bring in much because you refuse to pay for work the band does.
Bands can and do release less work, tour less, and break up more often without a living wage for their annual workload.
Most niche metal bands hardly sell any albums anymore, and give you a steam before it's released. They pay for instruments, practice space, travel, and a production staff...how exactly?
5 euros is a fine price. You can stream it to storage and it's essentially a half-priced DVD.
• Faith No More, motherfucker
• Upon A Burning Body & Ice-T colla..
• Periphery debut new track
• Periphery detail Juggernaut
• Brand New in studio
• Northlane reveal new vocalist, de..
• Full Of Hell/Merzbow stream new s..
• Jeff Loomis joins Arch Enemy
• Second To Sun share new single
• DIR EN GREY release new song
• White Arms of Athena release new ..
• Baring Teeth stream new album
• At the Gates release new video
• Thy Darkened Shade stream new alb..
• Flying Lotus and DOOM collaborate..
• Slow Season stream new LP
• Putrid Evocation stream debut alb..
• There For Tomorrow disband
• Black Sheep Wall debut new song
• Pianos Become the Teeth release t..
• Bloodbath stream new album
• New Crimson Moonlight song
• Crunkasuarus Rex debut video
• Jimmy Ruffin dies at 78
• Palm Desert stream new album
» see all news