Kauan album art and details2013-09-11 by BloodMusic | 1 Comments
|Post-rock/funeral doom band Kauan have revealed the cover art and album details for their fifth album, Pirut.|
The Russian/Ukrainian outfit's fifth album is due for pre-order on October 23rd through Finnish label Blood Music. Pirut (translating as "Devils") showcases a single 39-minute long track, twisting the band's traditional melancholic post-rock beauty into something much more sinister and operatic. The funeral doom "opera" showcases a much angrier side to the band, as well as featuring the unit as a full five-piece collective, shedding its incarnation as a studio-only project.
In February, 2013, while the band was mixing the album in their hometown of Chelyabinsk, Russia, an asteroid entered the Earth's atmosphere and crashed into the area. This caused production delays and put a hold on finishing the album, until the band was certain that they and their family members had not contracted radiation poisoning. The experience of the meteor was the main inspiration for the album's cover and inner artwork.
The band continues in its challenging tradition of singing exclusively in poetic Finnish, the only known non-native-speaking band outside of Finland to attempt lyrics in the unique Nordic language, one of the most complex in the world.
The run will have a limited high-quality digipack CD pressing, as well as an ultra-limited high-quality vinyl pressing -- one of the rare times the band has hit wax.
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Manson announces new album
• Départe Unleash New Track
• Dir en Grey Keep It Weird
• New Jesu/Sun Kil Moon album
• Present Paradox Live Recording
• Ghost Hall releases new video
• Vicious Rumors post new video
• Kashee Opeiah stream demos
• Daniel Lioneye returns with 3rd a..
• ADBOK new album and song
• Oceans Blazed Alaska
• New The Pineapple Thief Single
• Relient K Stream Air for Free
• New Single by Lupe Fiasco
• Oasis reissue Be Here Now
» see all news