Mick Farren Dead 2013-07-29 by A : w.e.b. CONTRIBUTOR | 11 Comments
|Mick Farren, lead singer for The Deviants, collapsed on stage at the Atomic Sunshine Festival Saturday night, passing away shortly afterwards. Farren was making a rare live appearance with a new Deviants lineup, when he collapsed, later being pronounced dead.|
Farren was the founder and leader of the anarchistic rock and roll band, which formed in 1967. They released three classic LPs from 1967 through 1969, Ptoof!, Disposable,and 3. Influenced by the likes of the Mothers Of Invention and the Doors, the Deviants were part of a small but powerful UK underground music scene in the late ’60s that also included the likes of the Pink Fairies and Hawkwind.
Tagged: The Deviants
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• Four Year Strong Acoustic LP
• Ensiferum premiere new single
• Nine Inch Nails debut new track
• PVRIS delay album release
• New Jeff Rosenstock Song
• Fuck Buttons' Hung Debuts
• Rosetta are Utopioids
• Slow stream new LP
• Lost Salt Blood Purges and Boring..
• New Ghost Hall track, video
• Arcane Roots share "Off the Floor"
• Manchester Orchestra's 'Moth'
• New Wolves in the Throne Room vid..
• Andy Black covers Adele
• 12 Stones release new music
» see all news