|The Broderick call it quits|
2013-07-28 by BroManCaptainGuySirDylan | 13 Comments
|Melbourne Hardcore Punk group, The Broderick have announced via their Facebook page that they will no longer be playing together as a band.|
"About two weeks ago we returned from our first tour of South East Asia and Japan, the experiences and memories we will keep from those few shows will last us a lifetime. We were so honoured to be able to meet such amazingly hospitable people and to see some beautiful parts of this world just from being five friends that wanted to play aggressive music together.
Unfortunately, those will be the last shows that we will ever play as we have decided that we will no longer be an active band. There are way too many people and bands to thank from the 7+ years we have been a band, but to everyone who has helped us and supported us in any way; we thank you".
Speculation has risen over whether a final string of Australian shows will be announced but at this moment it is unlikely.
Tagged: The Broderick
Such a shame to see such a young, talented band call it quits. Free To Rot, Free Of Sin is an amazing record that
didn't get as much recognition as it should've. They're also one of the best live acts I've seen in recent memory, so if by
any chance, they do undergo a final string of shows, make an effort to go see them - they're amazing.
Digging: Enter Shikari - The Mindsweep
Damn, an "amazing" Melbourne hardcore band and this is how I first hear about them...
Digging: Mount Eerie - Sauna
how does this affect chris broderick?
thought this might have been about justin broadrick. phhhu
"thought this might have been about justin broadrick. phhhu"
lol I thought this would be about Chris Broderick or something XD
There is only one Broderick, and that's Matthew
Bummer, their last album Free To Rot was awesome
justin n matthew are cool
chris is boring/overrated sucks
Drummer from this band also plays in a Melbourne band called COLOSSUS. You can download their demo for free at http://colossus666.tumblr.com/
My older brother's best mate plays guitar for Colossus. It's good shit.
• Poison The Well reunite
• Blink-182 performing without Tom ..
• Papa Roach stream F.E.A.R
• Title Fight streams Hyperview
• Asking Alexandria singer quits
• New Death Cab for Cutie single
• John Frusciante goes acid house
• New Slayer album in 2015
• Minus the Bear Drummer Leaves
• Napalm Death drop new video
• New Ethereal Shroud Track
• Howling Giant stream debut EP
• Cedar Boulevard's New Single
• AWOLNATION Release New Song
• The Offspring release new song
• Jeff Bridges releases new album
• Behind these snide eyes
• Dustin Kensrue reveals new album
• Adrenaline Mob drop new single
• Passion Pit album teaser
• Chelsea Wolfe announces new album
• New(ish) Jeff Rosenstock video
• Voivod post new song
• Minsk end hiatus
• Halasan Bazar / Tara King Th. str..
» see all news