|The Broderick call it quits|
2013-07-28 by BroManCaptainGuySirDylan | 13 Comments
|Melbourne Hardcore Punk group, The Broderick have announced via their Facebook page that they will no longer be playing together as a band.|
"About two weeks ago we returned from our first tour of South East Asia and Japan, the experiences and memories we will keep from those few shows will last us a lifetime. We were so honoured to be able to meet such amazingly hospitable people and to see some beautiful parts of this world just from being five friends that wanted to play aggressive music together.
Unfortunately, those will be the last shows that we will ever play as we have decided that we will no longer be an active band. There are way too many people and bands to thank from the 7+ years we have been a band, but to everyone who has helped us and supported us in any way; we thank you".
Speculation has risen over whether a final string of Australian shows will be announced but at this moment it is unlikely.
Tagged: The Broderick
Such a shame to see such a young, talented band call it quits. Free To Rot, Free Of Sin is an amazing record that
didn't get as much recognition as it should've. They're also one of the best live acts I've seen in recent memory, so if by
any chance, they do undergo a final string of shows, make an effort to go see them - they're amazing.
Damn, an "amazing" Melbourne hardcore band and this is how I first hear about them...
Digging: Chris Farren - Like a Gift from God or Whatever
how does this affect chris broderick?
thought this might have been about justin broadrick. phhhu
"thought this might have been about justin broadrick. phhhu"
lol I thought this would be about Chris Broderick or something XD
There is only one Broderick, and that's Matthew
Bummer, their last album Free To Rot was awesome
Digging: Phobocosm - Deprived
justin n matthew are cool
chris is boring/overrated sucks
Drummer from this band also plays in a Melbourne band called COLOSSUS. You can download their demo for free at http://colossus666.tumblr.com/
Digging: Colossvs - Unholy
My older brother's best mate plays guitar for Colossus. It's good shit.
• Modest Mouse release the first si..
• Korn vs Type 1 Diabetes
• Marilyn Manson reveals Deep Six
• Periphery drops another song
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Kendrick Lamar performs new track
• New Enter Shikari video
• Enslaved detail upcoming album, a..
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• Melechesh post lyric video
• Scorpions detail new album
• East of the Wall team up with Cry..
• Thrown to the Sun stream new album
• Havukruunu stream new EP
• The Darcys are now a duo
• Get Set Go stream new album
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• SUMAC premiere new song
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
» see all news