JJ Cale Dead at 742013-07-27 by manosg CONTRIBUTOR | 19 Comments
|Blues legend and Grammy Award-winning American singer-songwriter JJ Cale died on Friday 26th of July at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla after suffering a heart attack at the age of 74.|
The writer of hits such as 'Cocaine', 'After Midnight' and 'Call Me The Breeze', that were made famous by Eric Clapton and Lynyrd Skynyrd, was known for his laid back approach to singing and performing the blues that led to the creation of the Tulsa Sound.
JJ Cale will be forever remembered by his loved ones and blues fans all over the world.
Tagged: JJ Cale
oh, well damn this is caca
I've never heard his music before personally (outside of Clapton's "Cocaine"), but this is terrible news.
Digging: Kevin Morby - Singing Saw
JJ Cale was a great artist and a laid back dude, RIP.
Anyone who wants to listen to his music, you can try his album Okie
Digging: Thy Catafalque - Meta
The Road to Escondido is amazing
Nostalgia hard. Dad used to play his call me the breeze on the reg.
JJ Cale was the shit.
Damn, R.I.P dude
2013 has been a horrible year for shit like this.
Digging: Banks - The Altar
If this had been some metal-core guy this article would have had 100+ comments. JJ was an incredible songwriter. RIP.
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Need stream new album
• Green Day premiere new video
• Converge's Jane Doe live album
• Black Magic Release New Demo
• New From First to Last with Sonny..
• Alkaline Trio Vinyl Rereleases
• CJ rejoins TAIM for a show
• Chant of the Goddess stream debut..
• Pumpkins Reuniting
• Nergal Releases New Song
• New Svart Crown Track
• Condenados stream new material
• Aeternam drops new song/video
• Jacob Bannon debuts solo project ..
• New Lorna Shore song
» see all news