JJ Cale Dead at 742013-07-27 by manosg STAFF | 19 Comments
|Blues legend and Grammy Award-winning American singer-songwriter JJ Cale died on Friday 26th of July at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla after suffering a heart attack at the age of 74.|
The writer of hits such as 'Cocaine', 'After Midnight' and 'Call Me The Breeze', that were made famous by Eric Clapton and Lynyrd Skynyrd, was known for his laid back approach to singing and performing the blues that led to the creation of the Tulsa Sound.
JJ Cale will be forever remembered by his loved ones and blues fans all over the world.
Tagged: J.J. Cale
oh, well damn this is caca
Digging: The Great Albatross - Asleep in the Kaatskills
I've never heard his music before personally (outside of Clapton's "Cocaine"), but this is terrible news.
Digging: Dreamcar - DREAMCAR
JJ Cale was a great artist and a laid back dude, RIP.
Anyone who wants to listen to his music, you can try his album Okie
Digging: Hellripper - Coagulating Darkness
The Road to Escondido is amazing
Nostalgia hard. Dad used to play his call me the breeze on the reg.
JJ Cale was the shit.
Damn, R.I.P dude
2013 has been a horrible year for shit like this.
Digging: The Mountain Goats - Goths
If this had been some metal-core guy this article would have had 100+ comments. JJ was an incredible songwriter. RIP.
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Below the Sun air new stuff
• Wode stream new album
• The end of Desolated
• Goatwhore premiere new song
• New Tau Cross track
• Iglooghost's Run-Ready Mix
• Today Is The Day Announce Tour
• Vanna announce farewell tour
• Enter Shikari are Supercharged
• KMFDM debut 'Hell Yeah'
• Death Grips on Steroids
• Joshua Meijer releases music video
• MØ's new video 'Nights w/ You'
• New Silverstein song/album
• Dead by April reunite
» see all news