JJ Cale Dead at 742013-07-27 by manosg STAFF | 19 Comments
|Blues legend and Grammy Award-winning American singer-songwriter JJ Cale died on Friday 26th of July at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla after suffering a heart attack at the age of 74.|
The writer of hits such as 'Cocaine', 'After Midnight' and 'Call Me The Breeze', that were made famous by Eric Clapton and Lynyrd Skynyrd, was known for his laid back approach to singing and performing the blues that led to the creation of the Tulsa Sound.
JJ Cale will be forever remembered by his loved ones and blues fans all over the world.
Tagged: J.J. Cale
oh, well damn this is caca
Digging: Ging Nang Boyz - ?
I've never heard his music before personally (outside of Clapton's "Cocaine"), but this is terrible news.
JJ Cale was a great artist and a laid back dude, RIP.
Anyone who wants to listen to his music, you can try his album Okie
The Road to Escondido is amazing
Nostalgia hard. Dad used to play his call me the breeze on the reg.
JJ Cale was the shit.
Damn, R.I.P dude
2013 has been a horrible year for shit like this.
If this had been some metal-core guy this article would have had 100+ comments. JJ was an incredible songwriter. RIP.
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• The Nietzsche release new song
• R.I.P. Charles Bradley
• Bjork unveils 'The Gate'
• New Threat Signal song
• New Bloodred Hourglass video
• New Exarsis music video
• New We Came As Romans video
• Combichrist are broken.
• Ibeyi ft. Mala Rodriguez
• Bhad Bhabie Drops Second Track
• AA Thrown "Into The Fire"
• Walk The Moon share new single
• New Wolf Alice Song
• Red release two new songs
• Frank Zappa is now a Hologram
» see all news