JJ Cale Dead at 742013-07-27 by manosg CONTRIBUTOR | 19 Comments
|Blues legend and Grammy Award-winning American singer-songwriter JJ Cale died on Friday 26th of July at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla after suffering a heart attack at the age of 74.|
The writer of hits such as 'Cocaine', 'After Midnight' and 'Call Me The Breeze', that were made famous by Eric Clapton and Lynyrd Skynyrd, was known for his laid back approach to singing and performing the blues that led to the creation of the Tulsa Sound.
JJ Cale will be forever remembered by his loved ones and blues fans all over the world.
Tagged: JJ Cale
oh, well damn this is caca
Digging: Direct Hit! - Wasted Mind
I've never heard his music before personally (outside of Clapton's "Cocaine"), but this is terrible news.
Digging: SUMAC - What One Becomes
JJ Cale was a great artist and a laid back dude, RIP.
Anyone who wants to listen to his music, you can try his album Okie
Digging: Yngwie Malmsteen - Trilogy
The Road to Escondido is amazing
Nostalgia hard. Dad used to play his call me the breeze on the reg.
JJ Cale was the shit.
Damn, R.I.P dude
2013 has been a horrible year for shit like this.
Digging: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere
If this had been some metal-core guy this article would have had 100+ comments. JJ was an incredible songwriter. RIP.
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Aerosmith announce last tour
• New Pretty Addicted single
• Gemini Syndrome new album
• RIP Bernie Worrell
• New Periphery Song
• Yellowcard call it quits
• New Forevermore Song/Video
• Soilwork stream new track
• Tyondai Braxton Charity EP
• Chevelle stream Young Wicked
• Evergrey reveal album details
• Another blink-182 single
• New Fall Out Boy Song
• Bring Me the Horizon share new vi..
• New Eritherium track
» see all news