JJ Cale Dead at 742013-07-27 by manosg CONTRIBUTOR | 19 Comments
|Blues legend and Grammy Award-winning American singer-songwriter JJ Cale died on Friday 26th of July at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla after suffering a heart attack at the age of 74.|
The writer of hits such as 'Cocaine', 'After Midnight' and 'Call Me The Breeze', that were made famous by Eric Clapton and Lynyrd Skynyrd, was known for his laid back approach to singing and performing the blues that led to the creation of the Tulsa Sound.
JJ Cale will be forever remembered by his loved ones and blues fans all over the world.
Tagged: JJ Cale
oh, well damn this is caca
I've never heard his music before personally (outside of Clapton's "Cocaine"), but this is terrible news.
Digging: Arca - Mutant
JJ Cale was a great artist and a laid back dude, RIP.
Anyone who wants to listen to his music, you can try his album Okie
Digging: Weeping Silence - Opus IV Oblivion
The Road to Escondido is amazing
Nostalgia hard. Dad used to play his call me the breeze on the reg.
JJ Cale was the shit.
Damn, R.I.P dude
2013 has been a horrible year for shit like this.
Digging: Logic - The Incredible True Story
If this had been some metal-core guy this article would have had 100+ comments. JJ was an incredible songwriter. RIP.
• Brand New release new song as a f..
• Justin Lowe found dead
• Tool + Mastodon supergroup
• Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri..
• Cynic break up
• Muse unleash new single
• Slint guitarist survives suicide ..
• Scarlett Johansson forms band
• Nickelback get groovy
• New Muse song
• Blacksoul Seraphim share new video
• Triumvir Foul release new song
• Sunless Rise stream new song
• Cassus stream and release.
• Stream new Yuri Gagarin LP
• New Greenleaf album details
• YIDHRa premiere new music
• Leftöver Crack stream new LP
• Whiskey Ritual stream new album
• Another new Panic! song
• Yndi Halda announce album
• Waka Flocka drops Flockaveli 1.5
• New Crazy Town video
• Wu-Tang Album Sells at Auction
• James announce 'GATEOTW'
» see all news