|The Return of Deltron 3030|
2013-07-10 by William Lim | 33 Comments
|Since announcement in 2004, it's seemed as if the sequel to Deltron 3030's phenomenal 2000 album was something of a Sisyphus case, especially considering the endless streak of tentative release dates. But alas, with the singles 'Pay The Price' and 'City Rising From the Ashes' both released this year and the group's return to live performance, it was only a matter of time before a release date would follow. And it seems that, after nine years of waiting, we have reached that point.|
Yes, the trio of Del the Funky Homosapien, Dan the Automator and Kid Koala is finally back, and no less than actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt is hailing the return of the Galactic Rhyme Federation Champion and co. For on the group's official Facebook page appeared a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbIEg1DSHiI) on this day with the familiar words "we were always coming back" attached, and in that video, the eerie voice of Gordon-Levitt narrates as follows:
The seasons continue to pass. Spring became summer. Fall dimmed into the winter's cold light.
Society continued to erode as the people began to collapse under the weight of economic despair.
10 years had elapsed since there had even been a blip of information on the whereabouts of the mythical duo.
Occasionally, a story would be heard, a rumor from an unreliable source in a bar or someplace like that.
Inevitably, it would be discounted as drunken heresay, much like Area 51 or the Loch Ness Monster, until they were eventually proven to be true, of course.
One by one the banks began to collapse again. Politicians were running out of flocks to fleece. The middle class had faded into irrelevance. Anarchy had started to peek its head out.
Then, when all seemed to be lost, a small glimmer of light appeared in the distance. Could it be...back from the great beyond...
It's the return of Deltron Zero and Automator.
The rousing beat that opened the first record begins to play as if to signal a new beginning, and as Gordon-Levitt's narration closes, the words which everyone has been waiting for appear on the screen in static neon blue:
Tagged: Deltron 3030
FINALLY A REAL NEWS ARTICLE WEW
omg fuck yes bbq
THAT VID IS TOO SICK OMG JGL :HEART:
WILL BE AOTY FOR THE NEXT 1017 YEARS
would totally blind 5/5
Dat blue font
Digging: BADBADNOTGOOD - III
2013 is like one giant birthday to my ears.
Digging: Nero Di Marte - Derivae
finally someone let him out of his cage
Digging: Theo Parrish - American Intelligence
Deltron Osiris back from the dead
can they just hurry up and release the album? I need more hip-hop
Will probably be shit
this is gonna rule hard
2013 is like one giant birthday to my ears. 
1. Stardate [ft. Joseph Gordon-Levitt]
2. The Return
3. Pay the Price
4. Nobody Can [ft. Aaron Bruno of AWOLNATION]
5. Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 1 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
6. Melding of the Minds [ft. Zach De La Rocha]
7. The Agony [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
8. Back in the Day [ft. The Lonely Island]
9. Talent Supersedes [ft. Black Rob]
10. Look Across the Sky [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
11. The Future of Food [ft. David Chang]
12. My Only Love [ft. Emily Wells]
13. What Is This Loneliness [ft. Damon Albarn and Casual]
14. Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 2 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
15. City Rising From the Ashes [background vocals by Mike Patton]
16. Do You Remember [ft. Jamie Cullum]
Digging: Chris Farren - Like a Gift from God or Whatever
Digging: Friendzone - Collection 1
Am I the only one who's tired of JGL being everywhere? I don't really dislike the guy deep down but when he started gaining popularity suddenly he was fuckin everywhere you looked, and it's just the kind of thing that makes me gain a bit of a superficial aversion to his work.
It got a little weird when he started popping up everywhere, especially when he was in The Dark Knight Rises, but pretty much everything he does has some merit so I don't have gripes anymore.
I do want to see JGL in that porno movie though.
"10. Look Across the Sky [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]"
Holy fuck HOT
holy shit fucking yes this will rule yes yes yes omg fuck yeah
it seemed the album was something of a syphillis case.
Digging: Unearth - Watchers of Rule
Digging: Renounced - The Melancholy We Ache
wait mary elizabeth winstead?
just noticed that
also ZDLR and mike fucking patton
wtf is up with the guest spots lol
Now that this is actually coming out, I wonder when the new Madvillain will hit.
My guess is never. Madlib said he made the beats ages ago and it's up to Doom now.
sweet, one down, now just madvillainy 2, black star 2 and detox and my life will be complete.
Bizarre set of guest vocals. I really hope this is awesome.
• Modest Mouse release the first si..
• Korn vs Type 1 Diabetes
• Marilyn Manson reveals Deep Six
• Periphery drops another song
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Kendrick Lamar performs new track
• New Enter Shikari video
• Enslaved detail upcoming album, a..
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• Melechesh post lyric video
• Scorpions detail new album
• East of the Wall team up with Cry..
• Thrown to the Sun stream new album
• Havukruunu stream new EP
• The Darcys are now a duo
• Get Set Go stream new album
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• SUMAC premiere new song
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
» see all news