|New Blur album confirmed|
2013-06-29 by ice cream eating motherfucker | 13 Comments
|It's shaping up to be a busy year for Damon Albarn, frontman of legendary Britpop outfit Blur. The vocalist has been getting ready for the release of his debut opera Monkey: Journey To The West with Jamie Hewlett of Gorillaz, as well as working on his new solo album. Talks of Gorillaz reuniting have been circulating, with Hewlett announcing that he and Albarn will return to the project "when the time's right". And now it's been confirmed that Blur have been working on a brand new full-length, their first since 2003's Think Tank.|
Hewlett told Consequence Of Sound about Blur's recent activities:
"There’s also a five years gap between the albums because they take a long time to do and- and they’re very exhausting and when you’re finished you feel like you need to go do other stuff. So Damon’s touring with Blur- hes doing a world tour with Blur at the moment and then they’re working on a new album so there isn’t really time for him, and I’m doing other stuff as well. So I think it’s, um, we’ll come back to it when the time’s right. But also the music industry’s changed so much since we started doing Gorillaz. There’s no money in the industry so you know you get these amazing new bands, like the Stripes from Ireland, kind of fourteen years old, you know, the best rhythm blues guitarist you’ve ever seen. Age fourteen, make songs and film it in their bedroom. It doesn’t cost anything, and so Gorillaz is kind of expensive. It’s expensive to do because it’s animated. …(the interviewer mentions how they can’t age, they can reunite whenever)… So there’s plenty of time basically."
You can get the full scoop via Consequence Of Sound: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/06/jamie-hewlett-addresses-future-of-gorillaz-confirms-new-blur-album/
inb4 WOO HOO
Digging: Finch (US) - Back To Oblivion
I want to be pumped, but the two singles they released were meh
Digging: xSPONGEXCOREx - How Tough Are Yah?
In some ways I'd like a new Gorillaz record first, because comeback albums are rarely great. Still, I have waited for a decade for new Blur, so I'm happy about this.
Digging: Electric Wizard - Time to Die
WHEN I FEEL HEAAVY METAAAL
I'm gonna say it
I prefer Gorillaz
As do I, but I love Parklife and self-titled.
gorillaz s/t rapes any blur record yes
Digging: Empires - Orphan
This will suck haha.
modern life is better than the fall, at least give us that much
• New Black Sabbath album
• Machine Head release new track
• Milwaukee's Vega stream debut alb..
• Decapitated stream latest LP
• Matty Mullins releases new video
• Thom Yorke's new album!
• Veil of Maya singer leaves
• Plini releases new single
• American Wolf stream new LP
• Reznor and Ross stream Gone Girl
• Keeping Up with Jeff Rosenstock
• ssSHEENSss stream new album
• Godflesh stream new album
• Kam Kama stream debut album
• Three Days Grace drop new song
• Yellowcard stream new album
• Mastodon release video for The Mo..
• The Used video the Revolution
• Grst stream their debut album
• Falls of Rauros stream new LP
• Special Providence release new vi..
• Algebra stream new album
• Skindred's Benji goes solo
• Meghan leaves Punch
• Lunarsapian stream debut album
» see all news