|Annuals release new album|
2013-04-28 by iGuter | 4 Comments
|Indie pop band Annuals have been quiet and mention of a new album was well on the way, but that was back in December 2011. Since then, nothing had come and their last release was an EP back in 2010 called Sweet Sister. But a couple days ago, on April 23rd, the band released a new album Time Stamp with an explanation of the delay, the future of the band and other issues. The statement below is from the Bandcamp page where you can purchase the 11 track album for $8.|
This is Time Stamp. Whether it's a swan song, a comeback, or something else... Even we aren't sure. This is the first Annuals full length in nearly five years with just five songs in between, and even those songs from Sweet Sister (which were supposed to be a quick "hold-you-over") have gathered some dust. There have been good, bad, hard, and harder times since our departure from Canvasback and Columbia records in 2010. It seems we've all individually landed on our feet but for better or worse in different, separate places.
The majority of Time Stamp has sat in a near-completed form for almost 18 months, the final stretch towards completion would cost the band essentially all of the money it had left to it's name. It's here now, with some measured degree of hope, that people will care enough to see that this might be a last ditch effort. We know we have friends and fans across the USA and beyond, we've met you and we've shared many joyful evenings
together over the years. We skipped the crowd funding and went straight to getting out a final product. We hope you care about the project, can put something back into it, and to share it with your friends and loved ones.
Thank you for all of the love and support you've afforded us all these years. This is for y'all. see less
Download the album and support the band:
I have 'Be He Me.' Found it at a local second-hand store, surprisingly. It's pretty good. Might check this out.
Digging: This Will Destroy You - Another Language
Be He Me was amazing. You'd be nuts not to at least give this a chance.
Digging: Yellowcard - Lift a Sail
Just checked it out, I'm hooked.
been meaning to give Be He Me a chance for awhile, guess this is a good time to do it.
• Thom Yorke shares image of new re..
• At the Gates stream new song
• Issues release live music video
• Dance Gavin Dance stream new song
• New Stick To Your Guns record
• Logic drops debut single
• Burn The Sun stream debut EP
• Stream Hammock's Sleepover 2
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Varathron post new song
• Arca drops new single
• Mysticum welcomes you to Planet S..
• Zodiac stream Sonic Child
• I The Mighty vocalist goes solo
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• She has learned everything...
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
» see all news