|New John Frusciante track|
2013-04-08 by Raul Stanciu STAFF | 15 Comments
|John Frusciante has released a new song, entitled "Wayne". It was recorded as a tribute to his friend Wayne Forman, but sadly he passed away a day before Frusciante finished the song. |
This is what John had to say about the track:
"This song was recorded for my friend Wayne Forman, the coolest, kindest friend anybody could ever have. When I used to play in arenas I would often mentally aim my playing at him. Wayne loved long guitar solos, and he was my favorite person in the audience to play for. As everyone who knew him is well aware, he was also the best chef ever. When I saw him two days ago, he was laying in front of a CD player, so when I came home I decided I'd make something for him. I recorded this solo for him to hear, but I finished it a day too late, so now it is a tribute to his memory. It is what he would have wanted me to play for him, and it is my offering to his family and friends all over the world, as well as anybody else. Wayno lives in our hearts forever, the greatest guy anybody could ever know. I'm so lucky to have been graced by his friendship. All the love in the world to him.
Stream "Wayne" here - http://soundcloud.com/recordcollectionmusic/wayne-by-john-frusciante
Tagged: John Frusciante
Digging: Banks - Goddess
I heard about this at work but I couldn't listen... can't wait!
finish the song a day before he dies...what shit timing
Man I loved his last two releases but...Hearing him play Guitar again has just made my willy explode!
agreed dude hard emotion in this total before the beginning pt. 2 vibes
he made it in one day and it was still too late
: - /
Soulful, but what else would I expect from this guy, hes genius.
JOHNNNNN, what a great guy. R.I.P. wayne
dude i was pissed cause it's nice out like 70 (f) and my friends went out to play some frisbee and toke but i gotta go to class soon so i saw this and was like damn then i listened to it and was like damn there's bigger problems out there rip wayne this rules
damn thats a sad story gonna listen to this
Digging: Autechre - LP5
TG in for the first.
Bad news, I'm sure song will rule though.
grooves pretty hard
then again when jf takes a shit it probably grooves out of his ass
• BREAKING: Chad Kroeger Sucks Dick
• Refused aren't fuckin dead
• Chris and Shawn quit Megadeth
• The Black Dahlia Murder streams c..
• System of a Down to embark on Eur..
• Brand New in studio
• Katy Perry to headline Super B
• Callejon debut first material fro..
• Intervals split with vocalist
• New track from Enter Shikari
• dEMOTIONAL stream new album
• Glassjaw writing new material?
• Bastille and Haim collaborate
• The Crimson Brigade stream debut ..
• Evergrey release new video
• From Autumn to Ashes reunite
• Marduk announce new album
• From First to Last debut new mate..
• Starbomb set to release second LP
• Adimiron stream new album
• Just Before Dawn stream new LP
• New Archgoat Song
• Third Angels and Airwaves Song
• While She Sleeps release track
• Engel Debut New Single, Album
» see all news