|David Parland passes away|
2013-03-25 by Mackinlay McBride | 17 Comments
|It has been reported that the former Dark Funeral, Necrophobic and Infernal guitarist David Parland passed away at the age of 42. The cause of death is not as of yet known, but it has been suggested that it was suicide. |
Dark Funeral bandmate Lord Ahriman has since posted the following message via Facebook with regards to the tragic news:
"A couple of days ago I was reached by the terrible news that my old brother David 'Blackmoon' Parland had passed away and entered the eternal fire once and for all. It's taken me a few days to grasp it all. And it still hurts, alot, to even think or talk about it.
During the last couple of weeks I was in close contact with David. He was going through an extremely difficult time of life, whereof he contacted me to ask for my help.
Even though the two of us had abit of a complicated relationship over the years (much excessive in the media though) he knew that he could always call or visit me when needed, which he also did once in a while.
Last time I talked to him was when he called me on March 15th. From what I could understand things were going in the right direction. I also had some very good news for him, which he was very happy to hear about. What happened after that I simply can't understand. And I can't understand WHY he didn't call me (again). So close, so fucking close to get back on track, brother. Why?
You will be missed deeply! May you reign forever and ever in the eternal hellfire. Hail the hordes!"
Parland was preparing to record Infernal's long awaited album, The Infernal Retribution, which was due out mid-2013. More can be found at the link below.
Tagged: Dark Funeral
Digging: The Contortionist - Language
i knew him in real life we were the best friends ever and we had a good time rip friend
fuck I can relate with his words RIP
Fuck this sucks...RIP.
Been meaning to jam dark funeral, now I guess I have to m/ for Dave m/
Digging: Alpha Male Tea Party - Droids
So unbelievably sad.
bummer dude, RIP
time to satan today
I remember reading the news yesterday, damn shame.
Well shit. this is really too bad.
Digging: Portishead - Dummy
It's shocking how it was a week ago now and it's hardly been reported.
Digging: Winterfylleth - The Divination Of Antiquity
"So close, so fucking close to get back on track, brother. Why? "
that is so fucking sad
sad, indeed. poor guy.
• Thom Yorke shares image of new re..
• At the Gates stream new song
• Issues release live music video
• Dance Gavin Dance stream new song
• New Stick To Your Guns record
• Logic drops debut single
• Burn The Sun stream debut EP
• Stream Hammock's Sleepover 2
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Varathron post new song
• Arca drops new single
• Mysticum welcomes you to Planet S..
• Zodiac stream Sonic Child
• I The Mighty vocalist goes solo
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• She has learned everything...
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
» see all news