|David Parland passes away|
2013-03-25 by Mackinlay McBride | 17 Comments
|It has been reported that the former Dark Funeral, Necrophobic and Infernal guitarist David Parland passed away at the age of 42. The cause of death is not as of yet known, but it has been suggested that it was suicide. |
Dark Funeral bandmate Lord Ahriman has since posted the following message via Facebook with regards to the tragic news:
"A couple of days ago I was reached by the terrible news that my old brother David 'Blackmoon' Parland had passed away and entered the eternal fire once and for all. It's taken me a few days to grasp it all. And it still hurts, alot, to even think or talk about it.
During the last couple of weeks I was in close contact with David. He was going through an extremely difficult time of life, whereof he contacted me to ask for my help.
Even though the two of us had abit of a complicated relationship over the years (much excessive in the media though) he knew that he could always call or visit me when needed, which he also did once in a while.
Last time I talked to him was when he called me on March 15th. From what I could understand things were going in the right direction. I also had some very good news for him, which he was very happy to hear about. What happened after that I simply can't understand. And I can't understand WHY he didn't call me (again). So close, so fucking close to get back on track, brother. Why?
You will be missed deeply! May you reign forever and ever in the eternal hellfire. Hail the hordes!"
Parland was preparing to record Infernal's long awaited album, The Infernal Retribution, which was due out mid-2013. More can be found at the link below.
Tagged: Dark Funeral
i knew him in real life we were the best friends ever and we had a good time rip friend
fuck I can relate with his words RIP
Fuck this sucks...RIP.
Been meaning to jam dark funeral, now I guess I have to m/ for Dave m/
Digging: Revocation - Deathless
Digging: Ardour Loom - Demo
So unbelievably sad.
bummer dude, RIP
Digging: Empires - Orphan
time to satan today
Digging: Satan's Satyrs - Demo 2010
I remember reading the news yesterday, damn shame.
Well shit. this is really too bad.
Digging: Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright in the End
It's shocking how it was a week ago now and it's hardly been reported.
"So close, so fucking close to get back on track, brother. Why? "
that is so fucking sad
sad, indeed. poor guy.
• Slipknot stream new album
• Pianos Become the Teeth stream al..
• New Smashing Pumpkins single
• ERRA drop new single
• Fall Out Boy debut new material
• New Diablo Swing Orchestra single
• Hey Rosetta! stream new album
• Attila stream new song
• Sick Puppies lose lead singer
• At The Gates post new video
• Alkoholizer stream new album
• Lagwagon stream new album
• Orbs release new EP
• For All Eternity release new video
• Xerath post new lyric video
• Heart In Hand release new video
• New CityCop track/pre-order
• Rishloo announce pre-order
• Sleater-Kinney reunites
• Decibel Magazine announce 2015 to..
• Cirle of Contempt post new video
• New Chief Keef and Tyga song
• Issues announce acoustic EP
• Papa Roach reveal new song
• Amederia stream new album
» see all news