|David Parland passes away|
2013-03-25 by Mackinlay McBride | 17 Comments
|It has been reported that the former Dark Funeral, Necrophobic and Infernal guitarist David Parland passed away at the age of 42. The cause of death is not as of yet known, but it has been suggested that it was suicide. |
Dark Funeral bandmate Lord Ahriman has since posted the following message via Facebook with regards to the tragic news:
"A couple of days ago I was reached by the terrible news that my old brother David 'Blackmoon' Parland had passed away and entered the eternal fire once and for all. It's taken me a few days to grasp it all. And it still hurts, alot, to even think or talk about it.
During the last couple of weeks I was in close contact with David. He was going through an extremely difficult time of life, whereof he contacted me to ask for my help.
Even though the two of us had abit of a complicated relationship over the years (much excessive in the media though) he knew that he could always call or visit me when needed, which he also did once in a while.
Last time I talked to him was when he called me on March 15th. From what I could understand things were going in the right direction. I also had some very good news for him, which he was very happy to hear about. What happened after that I simply can't understand. And I can't understand WHY he didn't call me (again). So close, so fucking close to get back on track, brother. Why?
You will be missed deeply! May you reign forever and ever in the eternal hellfire. Hail the hordes!"
Parland was preparing to record Infernal's long awaited album, The Infernal Retribution, which was due out mid-2013. More can be found at the link below.
Tagged: Dark Funeral
i knew him in real life we were the best friends ever and we had a good time rip friend
fuck I can relate with his words RIP
Fuck this sucks...RIP.
Been meaning to jam dark funeral, now I guess I have to m/ for Dave m/
Digging: Revocation - Deathless
Digging: Ardour Loom - Demo
So unbelievably sad.
bummer dude, RIP
Digging: From Indian Lakes - Absent Sounds
time to satan today
Digging: Satan's Satyrs - Demo 2010
I remember reading the news yesterday, damn shame.
Well shit. this is really too bad.
Digging: Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider
It's shocking how it was a week ago now and it's hardly been reported.
Digging: Bloodshot Dawn - Demons
"So close, so fucking close to get back on track, brother. Why? "
that is so fucking sad
sad, indeed. poor guy.
• Ne Obliviscaris stream new album
• Circa Survive reveal new single
• Bring Me the Horizon release anot..
• Marilyn Manson releases new single
• Soundgarden release new song
• Foxy Shazam disbands
• Fear Before tease reunion
• Alice in Chains release new video
• T-Pain performs sans autotune
• Miss Fortune singer arrested
• Hellacaust stream new album
• Pain of Salvation release new mus..
• Chief Keef and Gucci Mane team up..
• Chief Keef drops new mixtape
• Dropshard stream new LP
• Antarctigo Vespucci stream EP
• Sorrowseed release new video
• Edenian stream new EP
• Andross release new video
• Issues release first taste of upc..
• Homewrecker stream new album
• Ché Aimee Dorval streams her new..
• Damascus stream new track
• Ghost Brigade stream new album
• Restorations stream new album
» see all news