|Into the Moat Re-release|
2013-03-21 by hykinix | 18 Comments
|On March 21st of 2013, mathcore act Into the Moat posted on Facebook announcing a sudden |
release of their debut EP "Means by Which the Ends are Justified", originally recorded in
2003. The re-release boasts re-recorded guitar tracks as well as re-mixed drums, re-mixed
vocals, and an overall re-mastering of the EP in its entirety. A few sections feature new
vocal takes, such as the end section of track 3 "Demise."
Their post on Facebook reads:
"10 years ago we released our first EP "Means By Which The End Is Justified". Today, we're
releasing a re-recorded, re-mixed, and re-mastered version of that EP for free. That's
right, free. So tell your friends, share this status, put it on Waffles, tweet and
We wrote the majority of this EP in our senior year of highschool. Eventually we saved up
enough cash, and recorded it at the legendary Studio 13 (Poison the Well). The re-released
version we put out today sounds even better thanks to Nick Ziros, our favorite Greek bass
player. We re-recorded all of the guitars, and remixed the drums and vocals. I (Earl) even
redid some vocals on "Demise". This was something we've wanted to do for years, but as you
know we're like... really lazy.
We sincerely hope you enjoy it! I'll be putting up the leftover t-shirts and CDs on
As the post indicates, the EP is available on a "pay what you want" basis, available here:
Tagged: Into the Moat
oh hell yeah
Digging: Haste the Day - Attack of the Wolf King
Sweet, buying this now, great band.
I thought they disbanded years ago. Ill give what I can for the EP since they guys are doing this all on their own.
FUCK YES! Re-mastered versions of A Settling Of Ways and Century I alone is awesome in itself. It's good to here ITM is still somewhat alive, I really hope they release another album sometime soon.
Digging: Dioramic - Supra
So far these remasters sound way better, they're so much fuller and alive since they re-recorded all the guitar tracks.
If they release a new album I hope it goes back to their old mathcore style compared to The Campaign sound.
still rules very hard.
15 year old me loves this.
Yeah this is sweet
"On March 22nd of 2013"
Oops, sorry Dummit! Was a typo.
Or, rather, an oversight on my part. I guess I don't know what planet I'm on.
"15 year old me loves this."
Yea these guys have a nice nostalgia factor
should check these guys out
yes you should @Fear. start with this re-master, it sounds so good compared to how it used to and the songs kick ass.
yay!!!! i wanna hear some new into the moat now.
sounds good to me, dig this band
• Thom Yorke shares image of new re..
• At the Gates stream new song
• Issues release live music video
• Dance Gavin Dance stream new song
• New Stick To Your Guns record
• Logic drops debut single
• Burn The Sun stream debut EP
• Stream Hammock's Sleepover 2
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• Arca drops new single
• Mysticum welcomes you to Planet S..
• Zodiac stream Sonic Child
• I The Mighty vocalist goes solo
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• She has learned everything...
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
» see all news