Kasey Anderson calls it quits2012-10-27 by free | 11 Comments
|Country rock musician Kasey Anderson announced yesterday on his Tumblr that he no longer has the funds available to continue writing and performing his music. He details his struggles with record labels and the "industry" of the music industry in the post, and explains that creating his latest album has left him deeply in debt. The album, Let the Bloody Moon Rise, was scheduled to be released sometime next spring, but in light of recent events, Anderson has decided to press what he can of the album and sell it on his Bandcamp page. He says he doesn't think that he is done for good, but certainly for the foreseeable future.|
Tagged: Kasey Anderson and The Honkies
can't be the only one that said "who?"
I reviewed his album under Kasey Anderson and The Honkies.
He was alright but nothing that great
Digging: Racing Glaciers - Caught in the Strange
His statement is very bittersweet and, although I hadn't heard of him up until now, I respect him as a person based off of what I had just read. He's also a pretty good writer, but he would benefit from relaxing a little on the commas.
Sucks, being in debt though.
casey anthony joins hall & oates
renamed to bagged and boiled oats
i didnt know either, i thought it said Casey Anthony lol. but debt does indeed suck
For the record, everything he's released is now pay-what-you want on Bandcamp. I recommend giving it a shot.
The fact that a country musician can use the internet is news to me
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Suma announce new studio album
• New Power Quest Track and E.P
• American Football new record
• New Ulcerate song
• Ion Dissonance announce new LP
• Echo Tail streams new album
• Caspian release new video
• You Me At Six song/album
• Self Defense Family new song
• Too Close To Touch's "Crooked Smi..
• Second Korn Single
• New Jimmy Eat World Song
• New ADTR song
• Architects' Tom Searle dies
• Amy Lee to release kid's album
» see all news