Urgehal vocalist passes away2012-05-15 by Magnus Altkula STAFF | 28 Comments
|Urgehal vocalist/guitarist Trondr Nefas has passed away at the young age of 35. The news of his passing come directly from Urgehal's label Season of Mist, who posted this message to their facebook page: "We are deeply sorry to announce that Urgehal guitarist/vocalist Trondr Nefas just passed away. More news and official statement to follow soon. RIP.".|
At this moment, no specific details have been revealed and the true cause of death is still unknown. Nefas' other band, Beastcraft, have confirmed, though, that Nefas did not commit suicide, as some rumors suggested, and the most likely scenario involves either a seizure or a stroke.
Urgehal was co-founded by Nefas in Hønefoss, Norway in 1992. The band's savage brand of Satanic black metal brought them a worldwide cult following. Urgehal's discography features a slew of EPs, compilation appearances and six studio albums.
damn 35 RIP
terrible news, far too young.
young death is the fucking worst
young death is the fucking worst 
"Nefas' other band, Beastcraft, have confirmed, though, that Nefas did not commit suicide, as some rumors suggested, and the most likely scenario involves either a seizure or a stroke."
so many commas... this makes my head hurt
but this is way too young to go, and it's made especially sad by the fact that it was more or less a natural death... RIP
Digging: Caspian - Dust and Disquiet
This is terrible. R.I.P.
Shit I was really into his music, and he seemed like a smart guy. R.I.P.
35 isn't a necessarily young death but RIP...Good band.
Digging: After Dinner - Paradise of Replica
RIP you're in a better place now my nig.
"RIP you're in a better place now my nig."
Wow, awful stuff. Dying young is just the worst.
Damn this sucks. This band is pretty cool.
Digging: Nameless Coyote - Blood Moon
Thats 3, RIP
Too bad, just a young guy too.
Rock in Peace
Thought this was going to be a suicide, too bad. go with satan brah
Must have pissed off God
He is now in the loving arms of Satan, rest in torment? Is that right?
he is now in a big pot in slow fire for all eternity.....in hell!!!
• Brand New release new song as a f..
• Tool + Mastodon supergroup
• Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri..
• Justin Lowe found dead
• Cynic break up
• Slint guitarist survives suicide ..
• Muse unleash new single
• Scarlett Johansson forms band
• Nickelback get groovy
• New Muse song
• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2016
• Evergrey keyboardist's single
• Mestis releases new music
• Jim Konya dies, age 44
• Ramleh announce new album
• New Anselmo-fronted supergroup
• Giant Squid call it a day
• Redemption announce new album fea..
• Beach House reveal new album
• My Chemical Romance release limit..
• Massive Attack announce tour; tea..
• Vision of Disorder premiere new s..
• Satyricon frontman diagnosed with..
• Brokencyde unveil new video
• The Faceless release single
» see all news