|'Help! for Japan' EP Announced|
2012-03-01 by Alex Newton | 15 Comments
Past and present members of European rock bands such as Deep Purple, Helloween,
Whitesnake, and Edguy have recorded a cover of the Beatles' song 'Help' to benefit victims of the earthquake and tsunami that devastated Japan last march. The EP, featuring four versions of the song, will be released through German metal label Avenue of Allies early this month. All proceeds will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross.
A trailer can be viewed at the project's Facebook site,
The full lineup of core and guest musicians is as follows:
* Don Airey (keyboards and piano, DEEP PURPLE)
* Leo Leoni (guitar, GOTTHARD)
* Neil Murray (bass, ex-WHITESNAKE)
* Hena Habegger (drums, GOTTHARD)
* Tobias Sammet (EDGUY, AVANTASIA)
* Bob Catley (MAGNUM)
* Andi Deris (HELLOWEEN)
* Torstein Flakne (STAGE DOLLS)
* Marc Storace (KROKUS)
* David Readman (PINK CREAM 69)
* Claus Lessmann (BONFIRE)
* Oliver Hartmann (HARTMANN)
* Bernhard Weiss (AXXIS)
* Michael Kiske (UNISONIC)
* Tony Mills (TNT)
* Carsten Lizard Schulz (EVIDENCE ONE)
* Tommy Heart (SOUL DOCTOR, FAIR WARNING)
Guest lead guitar players:
* Cede Dupont (DOWNSPIRIT)
* Kyoji Yamamoto (BOWWOW)
* Helge Engelke (FAIR WARNING)
* Roland Grapow (MASTERPLAN)
* Leo Leoni (GOTTHARD)
* Henny Wolter (NITROGODS)
* Robert R. Rodrigo (AIRLESS)
Band Page: Deep Purple
This is nice of them but I doubt four covers of the same song will make a huge amount of money.
Marc Storace, Cede Dupont, Neil Murray, fuckin MICHAEL KISKE.
This is goin' to be the best cover.... this week.
That's a year ago isn't everything rebuild allready?!
Why not Syria?
so much respect
This sounds like a terrible song even if it is for a good (albeit outdated) cause. However, if they really cared about Japan, they wouldn't make an album covering a vaguely related song, they would just donate directly to the Red Cross.
Almost expected Jørn Lande to be on it as well, oh well.
Japan has recently just finished cleaning up after all of the damage that the tsunami created, it is only now that they are starting to rebuild. This EP is coming at the right time. Although, I probably won't download it and instead just go half and half with my dad and donate a couple of thousand.
ill buy 3,000 copies!
Needs some of this.
Tijnmans clearly doesnt understand how the world actually works. A tsunami destroys a huge part of Japan and everything is hunky dory in a year? What the actual fuck?
Why not Syria? 
Does anyone even care about what is going on in Syria?
A tsunami destroys a huge part of Japan and everything is hunky dory in a year? What the actual fuck? Not to mention to nuclear reactor
Just because you forgot about it doesn't mean it has just stopped affecting people
that's a good gesture
• The Offspring finish Cover EP|
• Lil B: "No Black Person Is Ugly"
• New August Burns Red Video
• Another Gaslight Anthem Song
• Secret Band Release S/T LP
• Geoff Tate becomes Mindcrime
• Primus unveil new album, tour
• Cold World stream new album
• Finch album release
• Gucci Mane streams new mixtape
• Limp Bizkit's free Endless Slaugh..
• Emarosa detail new LP
• New Eluveitie video
• Arkells stream new album
• Wintersun Update
• New Philip Selway music video
• New Wolf Video
• Polyphia detail debut album, Muse
• Jakob reveal new LP
• New Drawn and Quartered album
• You Blew It! Robbed in Texas
• New Lagwagon Album
• Symphony X talk new album
• Family Force 5 stream album
• Lucifer Was stream new song
» see all news