|Warbringer Loses Guitarist|
2012-01-31 by Travis Marmon | 6 Comments
|Bay Area thrashers Warbringer are losing guitarist Adam Carroll, citing financial difficulties. The band will be joined by Andrew Bennett in his place for their upcoming tour with Iced Earth and Symphony X. The band announced this news on Facebook today.|
Longtime member Adam Carroll has decided to leave the band.
"To all fans and friends, I, Adam Carroll, have officially quit Warbringer. I have financial issues at home that have to be addressed sooner than later. I hope you all can understand and respect my decision. It's been some of the best years of my life and I appreciate all the support you the fans have given us and continue to give. I wil...l forever be part of the Warbringer family. Many thanks and until I see the rest of you again, keep the metal alive. Cheers!"
The band enlisted friend and talented, young guitarist Andrew Bennett for the purpose of filling in live for this tour with the hope that he may become a permanent member of the group as he continues his audition process where it matters most – on the stage and in the van.
Comments Andrew Bennett, "Last month I received a message from the guys, which basically stated that Adam was requesting to step out. As a result, they were searching for a possible replacement, who could learn the material in time for the upcoming Iced Earth and Symphony X tour. Being excited as I was at the idea of playing with them, I jumped at the opportunity and started learning some tracks. Around the beginning of this month I went down and jammed with the guys and the rest is history. I am eternally grateful to my friends in Warbringer for giving me the opportunity to play with them and I am very excited about what the future may hold. But, one thing that I would like to make clear is that I don't view myself as Adam's replacement, as much as I view myself as filling the position instead of him. Adam's work with the band and time with them is not something that can be erased and I would just like to make it clear that I respect him greatly. He has left big shoes to fill and I have a lot of work ahead of me if I am going to honor his legacy with the band. I'm looking forward to interacting with, and playing for the fans on the road! It's time to shred!"
That blows going to see them on this tour in about a month.
That's a shame.
band pic never gets old
• Modest Mouse release the first si..
• Korn vs Type 1 Diabetes
• Marilyn Manson reveals Deep Six
• Periphery drops another song
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• Kendrick Lamar performs new track
• New Enter Shikari video
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Enslaved detail upcoming album, a..
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• Scorpions detail new album
• East of the Wall team up with Cry..
• Thrown to the Sun stream new album
• Havukruunu stream new EP
• The Darcys are now a duo
• Get Set Go stream new album
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• SUMAC premiere new song
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
• Astrokraut stream debut album
» see all news