|Barren Earth album details|
2012-01-11 by Magnus Altkula STAFF | 18 Comments
|Barren Earth will release their sophomore full-length album, The Devil's Resolve, in North America on March 13, Japan and Finland on March 7 and rest of EU on March 12 via Peaceville Records. The effort will be made available both on CD and vinyl. |
As it stands on the band's homepage: "Mixed by Dan Swanö (Opeth, Katatonia) at Unisound in Sweden, The Devil's Resolve continues with all the trademarks one has come to associate with Barren Earth: brutal riffs, gloomy growls, majestic melodies, as well as acoustic and progressive passages. But this time the band has delved even deeper, taking this sophomore effort to the extremes through musical landscapes encompassing brutal death metal, doomy vocals, trippy 70's prog lunacy, pastoral passages and even bagpipes."
1. Passing Of The Crimson Shadows
2. The Rains Begin
3. Vintage Warlords
4. As It Is Written
5. The Dead Exiles
6. Oriental Pyre
7. White Field
8. Where All Stories End
9. Martyrs of Devotion
10. World in Haze
Cover art: http://www.burningshed.com/covers/large2742.jpg
The album is also available for pre-order from the following link: http://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/product/261/3518/
Tagged: Barren Earth
Awesome, the previous album was great so this should be cool too.
Art kinda sucks though.
Digging: Interpol - El Pintor
Curse of the Red River was pretty good so I'll probably check this out.
Digging: Engraved - Before The Tales
Art kinda sucks though.
Wtf that art rules.
yes, definitely going to get this.
Yay! Barren Earth is awesome, and all the bands of the people who play in the band are also very awesome.
Digging: Pharmakon - Abandon
Digging: Cannibal Corpse - A Skeletal Domain
the more Australian bands gettin exposure the better, but also pumped for the album
cool band name so I'll probably check this out
Digging: This Will Destroy You - Another Language
The band name sucks man
Curse of the Red River was a really good album.
Digging: Battles - Mirrored
was awsome! and the band name too
Curse of the Red River was awesome.
Bagpipes? F*** yeah!
Album art is pretty sweet.
it's not an ugly cover but i wouldn't say its spectacular
• Kanye West causes uproar
• She has learned everything...
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Unearth release new song
• Chris Cheney forms supergroup
• New Helmet album in the works
• Tokio Hotel with new single
• Yellowcard offer third single
• Dungortheb stream new album
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• This Legend (Ex-Yellowcard) finis..
• Parker Cannon side project
• Musk Ox announce Tab Book
• Kenn Nardi posts title track
• As Blood Runs Black premieres new..
• Yelawolf debuts new song
» see all news