Pinch mixes Fabriclive.612011-11-27 by Deviant STAFF | 13 Comments
|Pioneering dubstep producer Pinch (real name Rob Ellis) has revealed the tracklist for his upcoming mix for the flagship Fabriclive series. As one would expect given his influence over the genre, the mix is set to be a gritty and dark collection of tunes influenced by drum & bass, garage and techno. Ellis has also confirmed that the mix has been designed to play on a loop.|
"I also made the whole mix start and finish in the same spot—meaning that the entire DJ mix can work as a loop if you put it on repeat. I really like the idea of certain kinds of music existing in its own infinite context and setting up the mix to loop like that was playing entirely into that idea."
The release party for the mix will take place in Room 2 at Fabric a week prior to the physical release date of the compilation with Pinch being supported by 2562, Distance, Loefah, Peverelist and Om Unit while Hessle Audio will be performing a set in Room 1.
1. Distal - Venom (Part 2)
2. F - Slow Down
3. EQD - Equalized #005B
4. Henry & Louis feat. Prince Green - Love Like (Pinch Remix)
5. Pinch & Shackleton - Rooms Within A Room
6. Deleted Scenes - Natural Law
7. Pinch & Quest - In Dreams
8. Boddika & Joy Orbison - Swims
9. DJ G - Uncertain
10. Roly Porter - Hessra
11. Photek & Pinch - Acid Reign (Pinch's Dubplate Version)
12. Pinch & Loefah - Broken
13. Emika - Double Edge (Pinch Remix)
14. Roska - 480 BC
15. Addison Groove - This Is It VIP
16. Goth Trad - Mach
17. Distance - Blue Meanie
18. Jakes - Get Serious
19. Jakes - A Case Of The Bleeps
20. OM Unit - Pressure
21. Illum Sphere - Promise A Secret
22. Distal - Venom (Part 1)
Fabriclive.61 will be released through Fabric Records on January 16th, 2012.
Looks to be another solid mix, though I've already got the majority of these tunes :[
Honestly haven't really listened to much of the Fabriclive series besides the popular 37 (which I still think is awesome), but I'll definitely check this out if I remember.
I like the loop idea, this sounds good.
Does anyone go to Fabric any more?
Some tunes, need substantially less Jakes though. Fabric ain't quite what it used to be, but still holds the reigns for technooooo
Sweet jesus, instalment 61 already?
Seems like a very cool idea, I'll see if I can get a hold of this
Get yourself a Fabric First membership, sweet as
I would if I should go out in London weekly
go out weekly monthly yearly, till all those dumb muthafuckas see clearly, that you're down with the capital L D N, cracka
reminder for myself: don't listen to promo copies
Digging: Emmanuel - Vyper EP
• Brand New release new song as a f..
• Justin Lowe found dead
• Tool + Mastodon supergroup
• Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri..
• Cynic break up
• Muse unleash new single
• Slint guitarist survives suicide ..
• Scarlett Johansson forms band
• Nickelback get groovy
• New Muse song
• Denihilist release new single
• MovMou/Prawn split available
• Witchcraft post new song
• New Moth Gatherer video
• New El-Creepo! (Todd Smith) single
• Wild Nothing new album
• Goodbye to Gravity singer conscio..
• New Thrice album in 2016
• Manimal stream new material
• New Foo Fighters EP
• Spectral Lore Stream New EP
• Finch Release Acoustic Album
• New Panda Bear Video
• Borknagar Stream New Song
• Honeymoon Disease stream debut LP
» see all news