Pioneering dubstep producer Pinch (real name Rob Ellis) has revealed the tracklist for his upcoming mix for the flagship Fabriclive series. As one would expect given his influence over the genre, the mix is set to be a gritty and dark collection of tunes influenced by drum & bass, garage and techno. Ellis has also confirmed that the mix has been designed to play on a loop.
"I also made the whole mix start and finish in the same spot—meaning that the entire DJ mix can work as a loop if you put it on repeat. I really like the idea of certain kinds of music existing in its own infinite context and setting up the mix to loop like that was playing entirely into that idea."
The release party for the mix will take place in Room 2 at Fabric a week prior to the physical release date of the compilation with Pinch being supported by 2562, Distance, Loefah, Peverelist and Om Unit while Hessle Audio will be performing a set in Room 1.
1. Distal - Venom (Part 2)
2. F - Slow Down
3. EQD - Equalized #005B
4. Henry & Louis feat. Prince Green - Love Like (Pinch Remix)
5. Pinch & Shackleton - Rooms Within A Room
6. Deleted Scenes - Natural Law
7. Pinch & Quest - In Dreams
8. Boddika & Joy Orbison - Swims
9. DJ G - Uncertain
10. Roly Porter - Hessra
11. Photek & Pinch - Acid Reign (Pinch's Dubplate Version)
12. Pinch & Loefah - Broken
13. Emika - Double Edge (Pinch Remix)
14. Roska - 480 BC
15. Addison Groove - This Is It VIP
16. Goth Trad - Mach
17. Distance - Blue Meanie
18. Jakes - Get Serious
19. Jakes - A Case Of The Bleeps
20. OM Unit - Pressure
21. Illum Sphere - Promise A Secret
22. Distal - Venom (Part 1)
Fabriclive.61 will be released through Fabric Records on January 16th, 2012.